Sign in to follow this  
sanford

For those who feed Blue Buffalo...

sanford

I was just informed that the pet food conglomerate, Mars Petcare will be buying Blue Buffalo Pet Food :huh: .    

If you feed Blue Buffalo it is time to watch what is in it. Maybe even cut out the ingredients label from a bag and keep it with you when you go to buy more so you can compare in case the ingredients change.

murphybr

Thanks so much for posting this!  I'm a big Blue Buffalo fan and now I'm not too happy.  Unless of course the ingredients don't change!  I will do as you suggest and clip the ingredient list.  I was just going to head out for wet food but thought I'd check in here to see what was new.  When I've tried other brands I've used Wellness but only for wet.  I've always used Blue Buffalo for wet and dry.  I've never heard of Wysong.  I've also tried Orijen for treats and a small bag of dry food that I thought was a bag of treats.  It says on the label the ingredients are all natural and made in Canada.  Sammy loves the freeze dried Alberta Wild Boar treats.  They also have duck which was the bag of food I bought and they mixed it with pear.  They describe the boar product as 100% meat and the ingredients did say just Wild Boar liver and Boneless Wild Boar.  I'm not endorsing them per se but Sammy sure wants to gobble the treats up.  Anyway, they are pricy but I will still get the treats.  Such a spoiled little dog!  I'll be looking for Wysong too. Thanks again!

Autumn & Lola

Thanks for the info, Sanford. I'll let some friends know who I believe rotate Blue Buffalo with something else.

MegsMom

This is where those wonderful phone cameras come in handy!  Take a picture of the ingred list, just be sure you get a clear pic--you can pinch & zoom to read any time you need to compare/check.  [i got tired of clipping & forgetting to take comparison lists to the store.]

PS> Also put a backup copy of ingred lists on your computer in case you accidentally delete pic, change or lose phone.

This is a good idea for anyone who has a known 'sensitive' dog....   Pet food manufacturers are Not required to update their ingred list on a bag when a 'blend' changes, they are free to 'use up' their old labels/bags, then change to current ingred lists.  The earliest change you Might see may be on their website.

Edited by MegsMom