CairnTalk

Not a creature was stirring...

Autumn & Lola

Well, except for me!  It is 3:15 p.m. on the 21st. I just finished taking kitchen inventory and writing out a mile-long list for the grocery store tomorrow. I also wrote separate lists for what I need to do each day for the next three days including the usual: cleaning, laundry, cooking and primping ;) plus a couple work assignments.  Although the presents are all bought and wrapped, the cards sent and even Nick's after-Christmas bday present ordered, I still feel a little stressed about all that I need to do. Actually, I only have 2.5 days left, as Nick's brother will be arriving Christmas Eve morning.

I turned to my dear husband for some reassurance and comfort that all will get done in time. I see that he and his little girlfriend, Lola, are seemingly unaffected by all the work necessary to put on a successful Christmas. They are on the couch, arms literally wrapped around each other, fast asleep.

I have a good mind to pour eggnog over their heads! :twisted: (if they even HAD eggnog here, which they don't! >:( )

• Like 4

You, too can have eggnog - just add a few things to your mile long list!  I've made this in the past - from Southern Living Magazine.

Merry Christmas to you and Lola!

Ingredients
  • 6 cups milk
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 12 pasteurized egg yolks
  • 2 cups sugar
  • Praline or bourbon liqueur (optional)
  • Freshly ground nutmeg
Preparation

Cook milk, heavy cream, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until steaming (about 150°). Reduce heat to low. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a large saucepan until smooth. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture reaches at least 160° (about 25 minutes). Whisk milk mixture into egg mixture. Cool 30 minutes; transfer to a pitcher. Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours. Pour desired amount of praline or bourbon liqueur into each glass, if desired. Top with eggnog. Sprinkle with freshly ground nutmeg.

• Like 4

That sounds utterly delicious, thank you. However, I don't know if I'd go to the trouble in making my own since I'm the only one in the house who would drink it, and I'm not even supposed to have it! :D

• Like 1

Aren't husbands great?  

The eggnog recipe looks great but I suggest simply dumping the dozen egg yolks on Nick.  Lola will have a fine time licking them off.  Bwaaaa!

• Like 4

Harrumph. I believe the sleeping husband is actually demonstrating and delivering a robust and resounding statement of full faith and confidence in you — more powerful than mere verbal assurances (after all, "actions speak louder than words").  Rather than accidentally feeding and reinforcing your stress with acknowledgments he's actually trying to reduce stress by presenting you with a calming pastoral visualization.

By ensuggling Lola he's, uh, keeping her from becoming a hindrance underfoot, in a gentle display of quiet (unless snoring) selfless sacrifice. 

I'm telling you, being a saint is *exhausting* sometimes :halo:

• Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Harrumph. I believe the sleeping husband is actually demonstrating and delivering a robust and resounding statement of full faith and confidence in you — more powerful than mere verbal assurances (after all, "actions speak louder than words").  Rather than accidentally feeding and reinforcing your stress with acknowledgments he's actually trying to reduce stress by presenting you with a calming pastoral visualization.

By ensuggling Lola he's, uh, keeping her from becoming a hindrance underfoot, in a gentle display of quiet (unless snoring) selfless sacrifice. 

I'm telling you, being a saint is *exhausting* sometimes :halo:

Wow, and I thought *I* could sling the BS. LMAO!

I just read this to Nick (who woke up to eat dinner) and he said that of course you are 100% correct in your assessment!

Edited by Autumn & Lola
  • Like 3

Obviously Brad, being a husband no doubt for a while, you have had a few years of practice! :);)

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie