CairnTalk

Giving Thanks

Dempsy's Mom

post-4719-0-05725000-1416704284_thumb.jp

We are finally done combining - all the corn is out or bagged.  I was doing some dusting tonight - getting caught up on some much needed house work and these two were just content to take a little snooze.  Elsie and kitty continue to be the best of friends.  This year kitty with be on our thankful for list. 

• Like 8

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So happy for you! A well deserved rest for all. Where is the farm manager? Is he inspecting the bags of corn to make sure all is ok? :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Demps goes upstairs and hides under the bed when Jim comes in the house. I have no idea why.  So the farm manager is in hiding.  Elsie though, was my assistant combine operator.  She was out there with me most every day.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

What's up with Dempsey? He wasn't afraid of your DH before was he?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Dempsy has never cared for Jim.  Sometimes he sticks around when Jim comes in - especially if there are other people - but most of the time he retreats and eventually will surrender and show his face.  Yes, Wert is spending his nights in the heated shop.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

He must have had a bad experience with a man in his past perhaps. But then maybe he thinks as the farm manager , there is no room for Jim to "interfere" in the daily running of the farm. :)

It's wonderful how Elsie and Kitty have bonded.  They look so content and peaceful together. Dempsy probably has more important things to do like calculating corn prices and checking the maintenance schedule on the farm equipment.  :)

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Very cute pic!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

(Corn.......YUM! I sure miss the Jersey corn we used to get.)

• Like 1

Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone. How thankful we are among our many blessings,  that we have our cairns - beside us, under the table, on the chairs, testing the food as it cooks, and generally being their useful selves.

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving  to all. Our little buddies are good kitchen supervisors. The last few days Malcolm has claimed my kitchen chair as his official watchtower. That's ok, better than shooing him away from my feet. Have to ask him to get down when I want to sit. He gets up in a slow sloth like pace. Could he move slower? He will try. I get the chair after he lets me know he isn't happy I disturbed his view of the kitchen counter.

• Like 2