CairnTalk

Granger earns his CD

bradl

:qualify: Granger earned his third qualifying leg and therefore his CD (Companion Dog)  title this Saturday at the Wild Rivers Cluster in Roseburg, OR.  

His score was 186.5 which I was pleased with considering it was a fairly challenging environment: a carpeted ring that by the third day had been peed on, pooped on, and the second dog in the ring in his class that very morning vomited in the ring!  Needless to say many of the dogs were distracted over in that corner of the ring for the rest of the weekend. Several exhibitors ended up referring to that quadrant as Calamity Corner. 

Granger nearly qualified the day before but we NQ'd when he started his recall before the judge gave me the signal. Oops. He was only entered Friday/Saturday of a four-day cluster so that meant he had to do it on Saturday, and he did. Good boy.

Granger seems to love to work. I think he will have FUN in Open (eventually). 

Speaking of Open, in which Stella was entered Thursday/Sunday … uh, on second thought, let's not speak of that at all.   :thumbsdown:

Edited by bradl
score typo
  • Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Vote! |  Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 🗓️ 2023 Cairn Calendar

What a great pair! Congrats. And Stella, the one that will remain unspoken about, ....a girls flirty moment is allowed occasionally.:)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

WOOT!  Congratulations Brad & Granger!

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Thank you. I don't want to discount the effort because it surely does take some, but I want to be very clear that virtually every Cairn  here can can do this too. Now whether you want to is another matter entirely. :P

I hesitate to post this because he has such a serious-looking face in it (also, ungroomed etc.), but here's G suffering through his handlers need to document the moment with a show photo. 

post-3-0-41084900-1416766419_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Vote! |  Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 🗓️ 2023 Cairn Calendar