CairnTalk

Finally a bone!

Hillscreek

Yum, Yum,  take a look - Angus

It's Angus's first bone ever.  A fresh rib bone from one of a local organic farmers grass fed beef cattle. Local butcher gave me a free bag of bones for Angus  the day after the animal was butchered. Cut them out especially for him.

Have been reading back and forth once again re giving bones. Finally thought I'd give it a try. I let Angus have it for an hour. Anticipated a struggle taking it off him but his jaws were tired out and he couldn't hold on  :)  You can see he wasn't too keen on me coming closer to take pics. but he didn't let videoing get in the way of his enjoyment.

He chewed off the corner. I'm hoping he won't have problems as long as doesn't gob down lots of bits of bone. Not much marrow in these so hoping no clogged bowels. Hoping none of the opposite either!

Don't break a tooth Angus! 

He is tied out as we have no fencing and I didn't want him messing the floors in the house and I didn't want him running off somewhere.

I'm hoping this might be just the thing for recreational chewing  :party: 

• Like 1

OH MY GOODNESS ANGUS. YOU ARE SO CUTE. And that bone looks verrrrrry yummy. Wanna share? ~Addie

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

We could have bone party for Hallowe'en

Here's what mine looks like close up - see the blood and stuff. :vampire:  I got lots more  in the freezer - happy to share. 

003.jpg

Oh my Angus looks so cute chewing on that bone, he's really enjoying it and even knows how to use his paws to hold on to it!  Maisie doesn't know how to use her paws yet.  Did Angus always know how to use them or is it something he grew into?  I am hoping that Maisie will start using them when she gets a little older.

After you've given Angus a few bones to gnaw on, check out how much cleaner his teeth are; Maisie's and Tess' are nice and white.

Angus is having a good time chewing :) Malcolm would chew the corners too when he got the rib bones. Then he works his way down the bone. My dad was a butcher. He brought home fresh bones. When you see the bright red blood you know they are fresh cut. I got nervous when Malcolm would chomp down hard and I heard cracking noises. Those where smoked rib bones not fresh but processed. Maybe they are more brittle than a fresh cut bone. Angus will get tired of the worn out bone and want a fresh one. Wait till you see how excited he gets when you bring out a fresh one.

Have fun Angus.

Maisie doesn't know how to use her paws yet.  Did Angus always know how to use them or is it something he grew into?  I am hoping that Maisie will start using them when she gets a little older.

I think Angus always has known how to use his little cairn "hands". He is such a chewer and he has chewed nylabones since he was a baby. 

• Like 2