CairnTalk

Anyone Heard from Our Idaho Friends

tlwtheq

Anyone heard from Idaho Cairns or Idaho2?  Along with MontDoug and me, they're some of our more

senior members.

You folks OK?

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Funny you mentioned this. I was also wondering if the Idaho folks are ok.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I too have noticed and also hope that they are enjoying some summer fun.  It's not like them not to pop in with an opinion .... or two. :)We all like to keep our group together as much as possible and we notice when the regulars don't pop in. 

But  totally understand when life takes a turn and priorities change - it gets a little nuts for all  of us - personally, this is my lets step away from the huge responsibilities of "the farm" and share some fun stuff.  Enjoy all your stories of the pooches.  They are so sweet and they give us so much simple enjoyment - and these days thank God for every second of simplicity.

So to all our regulars, where life has gotten a bit complicated - it's ok - we are just hanging out.  Doing what we do - sharing that sweet part of cairn life and maybe a little bit of our own as well.  We are right here whenever you need us.  (and yes, we do notice when you take a break.  That's a compliment) :) 

• Like 6

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

We are doing ok, the dogs are well and having a good summer as usual--plenty of water fun and fireworks for the 4th.  We have had some trying times recently--lost our son in March in a motorcycle accident--Richard was a husband and father of three precious little girls and that has, as you might imagine, taken some real wind out of our sails.  I was remarking the first of the year about how "perfect" our lives had become, all the children and grand children doing well, our health so steady and solid--seemed as if everything was in place and if not "perfect" then very, very good.  Then this! 
I'm sure as time passes all will be easier but right now we are operating, as most of you parents must surely understand, in a "half-glow" of reality--knowing we have to push on but living with the dynamics of a reality we really don't want to accept.

Hopefully that will explain our absence-I didn't necessarily want to discuss the situation when it happened because there are no words to explain how time, thought, interests, life stops when a child is lost and I had to focus on my own soul and the real needs of my Fran.  She is a trooper but as you might imagine, there are no training rules for this sort of thing--it is one day after another, one half smile, laugh, after another but cruelly most thought  remains on the loss.

I visit here regulary to keep up with your Cairns so not to worry--when I see an opening, I'll jump in but from what I've been reading most of you have it pretty well covered.  Hope your Holiday weekend was full of sun and fun.   Chuck

Oh my gracious, Chuck! I don't know what to say. I'm glad you are safe and well, but... Wow. Sending many hugs from me and a slurp and wag from Nikki.

Oh Chuck I am so sorry. Any words I say will just seem hollow given what you have and are going through ...we don't have children but I suspect it must feel like a part of you has been amputated. My heart goes out to you, Fran and the rest of your family. You are a part of a much larger family also, it's here on this site. Please know that we are all here to provide any sort of comfort when you need to just talk..about anything. May your two four legged girls provide comfort to you and your grandchildren . Take care of yourself

Lynn

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

dear idaho, my brother died very suddenly a day before christmas and my mother has been going through a lot of what you and fran are going/will go through. there are no words to do justice to your situation, i can only say i sympathize very deeply. may bonnie and sammi keep dragging in the direction you need to go. 

Idaho, the pain in losing a son - so terrible. Lost mine age 36 leaving a widow and a seven month old daughter. It was twelve years ago. The pain lingers and lingers but eventually you learn to bear the burden.

You both will be in my thoughts often.

You know all your cairn friends and their cairns reach out to you.

Stop in and chat when you can - tell Idaho 2 the same.

You and Fran are in my thoughts and prayers.  Come back when you feel up to it.  I hope it lends you some comfort that your Cairn family will always be here for you.

Oh my....I am so sorry for the loss of your son...it breaks my heart.  Sending you hugs from Bellingham.

Pepper's Mom

I wish I had any words to say to make this loss easier to bear, but know that all of us on Cairn Talk are here for you, thinking of you, and sending love and puppy kisses your way. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

You and your lovely wife are in my thoughts.  Please know your Cairn family will hold you in our hearts.

Chuck - you and Fran have my heartfelt condolences...and Oban sends his hopes for better times too. Those 3 little girls are very lucky to have you two in their lives, and I am sure you will be a steady and much needed source of love in their future. Hope you all hug each other close - Bonnie and Sammy too.

I am stunned and deeply saddened for your loss. As others have said before me, we are here for you.

I send prayers and Sassy sends hugs.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I'm glad you two are "Okay".  Sorry for your loss; it's just not right losing a child before his/her time.

I must say this forum is diminished by your absence.  We're here for you, as the people in this forum have

always been here for my family and me.  :hug:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Chuck & Fran,

I am so sorry for the loss of your son.  Words may be cold comfort and I can not imagine the pain that this has brought.  But I hope you know that you and your family our in our thoughts and prayers.  

<3

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Idaho Cairns

Thanks everyone for all those consoling words, they are appreciated and I am sure that as time passes the sharpness of today will dull to some extent--we must move on.  Your kind words and thoughts will always be remembered and appreciated.  Your association is important to me.  Here are Sammi and Bonnie doing their thing on Grandma's bed with Afton, Ashlynn, and little Avah a couple of Saturday's ago.  Always solicitous to these girls, they are especially so now.  Enjoy.

_DSC6422.JPG

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 9