CairnTalk

Happy 4th of July!

Autumn & Lola

Happy 4th of July everyone! 

Grill a hamburger for me! (extra lettuce and pickles please!)

Strangely, they don't celebrate it here in jolly ol' England. :D

However, I put a couple American flags on my front door, and hung a huge flag scarf across my front window, as I do every year. I am wearing my American flag-printed, cowboy style hat.

Sadly, the flag bunting I used to hang outside my 2nd floor windows has gone missing. I suspect it was ruined last year and I had to bin it. The winds can do that to one's outdoor decor!

I got a package today and the mailman said, "Happy Independence Day!", which was nice. He also told me today is his wedding anniversary. :)

Hope everyone has a fun day and hope everyone's doggies remain calm with all the fireworks and festivities!

• Like 4

Happy 4th to you as well. Make sure that Lola gets a hot dog with ketchup, mustard and relish and some apple pie so that she gets a sense of the day. 

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Have a big party south of us! Happy Independence Day ! :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Happy Independence Day! I hope everyone stays safe and comfortable and enjoys some good munchies and time with family.

I had my hamburger yesterday since tonight will be spent indoors in front of the tv to block out noise. I'm hoping that Nikki will ignore the fireworks tonight instead of spending the entire night pacing, barking, and whining at all of the noise. I'm also hoping my neighbors don't set off fireworks after eleven pm again. January 1st and July 4th both tend to be long nights around here. And sometimes my neighbors set off fireworks throughout the weekend too.

Hope you are all having a great 4th July Independence Day! cairns and humans!

Autumn - you dont really think the Uk would celebrate do you? Incidentally, you ought to visit Scrooby sometime - just off A1 as it where some of the Pilgrim Fathers set off from!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I was born in England and someone once asked me (here in USA) did the English celebrate Independence Day also. h-m-m------

Fourth-of-July-USA-Independence-Day-Quot

Have fun every cairn and every upright!

Edited by Hillscreek

I was born in England and someone once asked me (here in USA) did the English celebrate Independence Day also. h-m-m------

Fourth-of-July-USA-Independence-Day-Quot

Have fun every cairn and every upright!

Hmmm, sometimes Americans' education is sorely lacking... :lol:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Hope you are all having a great 4th July Independence Day! cairns and humans!

Autumn - you dont really think the Uk would celebrate do you? Incidentally, you ought to visit Scrooby sometime - just off A1 as it where some of the Pilgrim Fathers set off from!

Of course not. It's called sarcasm. ;)

Should be Sackcloth and Ashes Day in UK. Just think of all the taxes that might have been collected if only a couple of the Colonies representatives had been seated in Parliament. Alas water under the bridges folks.

Happy Independence Day everyone! Kelly was telling the fireworks off last night. haha it's so cute. I can't wait for tonight when it's bigger. She'll get a good work out. Prissy doesn't seem to care one way or another, she just lays there.

Same to you, Autumn!  Sorry I missed this earlier today.  Too busy getting dressed in my stars and stripes ensemble for the big parade.  (Matching ensemble for Buffy, of course.)  :P

It's been a lovely day here in Virginia. The weather cooled off from 96 degrees to 77 and there's been a nice steady breeze all day long. I thought you would enjoy seeing Nikki's hair blowing in the wind as much as I did. We also had fun seeing how close we could casually stroll by an Eastern cottontail rabbit before it took off. Nikki behaved himself. He did not try to bolt after it when it finally ran.

• Like 2

Brad, results are in and Stella wins Best in Show for ADORABLE. 

Happy 4th to everyone! As Lupinegirl said, Virginia has been gorgeous today. Warm but not too hot, breezy but not too windy and glorious sunshine. Speaking of, I had no idea we were in the same neck of the woods!

Addie and I are laying low today. I'm not a big fan of fireworks (a childhood dog made me dislike them because she ran away from home every time it stormed), although Addie doesn't seem to care either way. I've started to hear them going off around the neighborhood, which is a bit ridiculous considering it's apartment housing in an urban area. Tomorrow we'll head further south in Virginia to BBQ with my brother. Addie doesn't know yet but she will have a fenced in yard to play in for the first time since she was in Colorado. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Happy 4th to everyone. I agree with whits Stella is ADORABLE. Nikki is strolling along at an easy pace. She is enjoying the day. The fireworks are about to start here. Malcolm will be busy barking those skyrockets away like he barks the thunderstorms away.

We were blessed by a curious disinterest in the boomies outside (curious in the Lewis Carroll sense  :) ).

Even our babysitting charge, a 105 pound Akita was nice and calm.

Works for us!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

You rock that tutu, Stella!

I was kidding about the parade - Buffy and I did not dress up for the occasion.  Buffy spent her day giving the fireworks a good talking-to.  Finally had to close up the house and turn on the AC to keep the noise out.

Maisie had a pretty stressful night, firecrackers going off all evening and into the late hours of the night.  We were in the midst of Hurricane Arthur passing through our area so it poured for most of the day and night and the winds were fierce.  Not sure who was out in the torrential rains lighting firecrackers but they were non-stop all night.  I had purchased a Thunder Shirt for Maisie, which she seems to love.  It helps with the thunder but didn't seem to work as well with the fireworks/firecrackers.  It did help some, she would have been a lot worse without it for sure.  She was up very late because she couldn't settle, wanted to be close to either me or my husband and she ended up sleeping until 8:45 am this morning!

I hate seeing her in distress like that, poor baby.  Tess doesn't like the Thunder Shirt on Maisie, I think she believes it's hurting her.  Hopefully as time goes on she'll get use to it.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful 4th and had better weather than we did.