CairnTalk

My beloved Raccooney

mrseggcup

Woof!  Eli, here.

You will not believe what that stupid Alpha B did!  I have lots of toys but I only like my Raccooney.  I thought he needed some fresh air so I took him outside for a bit.  I got distracted by a butterfly who farted and I forgot about Raccooney.  Well, the dumb  Alpha B decided to mow the lawn and she did the unthinkable.  SHE RAN OVER MY BELOVED RACCOONEY!!!!!  I know!  How could she do that??????  Oh, it was gruesome!  Fluffy guts all over the place!!!!!!!!  Decapitated!!!!  Tail 3 feet away from the scene of the crime!!!!!  It was HORRIBLE, I tell you!!!!!!   And what did she have to say????  "You shouldn't have left it outside.  I thought it was a pile of leaves."  She is heartless and so ignorant.  Can't even distinguish a raccoon from a pile of leaves.  And she calls herself an animal lover.  It doesn't help that she zooms around the yard on that tractor of destruction at the fastest speed like the crazy lady she is.  When she gets going on that thing I have to run and hide in the house.

I cherished that poor Raccooney.  Don't tell me there are other stuffed animals.  I have squirrels, cows, cats, you name it.  I only played with Raccooney.

I know you CURS understand and I could use some Cairn love right now.

Stupid Alpha B.

Woof.

Eli

P.S.  You can see she has no life.  Posting at 10pm on a Saturday nite???  Loser!

Edited by mrseggcup
  • Like 5

Woof .....Rosie here. Stupid uprights. How could she not see Racooney! My dad tried to do the same thing with a horrid machine called a vacoom. It roars into life then goes back and forth on the carpet while he holds its tail....then ran over one of Jocks toys, making horrid groaning noises, with dad cursing and some how shutting up the vacoom. Jocks toys, and there are over a hundred of them,(they don't buy me new ones!!!) thank goodness are safely in their box where Jock always put them, except for a sad gutted snake ...boy did vacoom do a nasty number on it. But, Jock also had a raccoon toy....I can give it to you Eli. :) he wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

hey wait a minute. i think that COULD have been a pile of leaves. i think i saw this raccooney at a store i was at. he was kind of sitting on one of those shelf things. was he supposed to meet somebody there? you better have your upright drive over and take a look. this could be a case of mistaken identity.

Woof....Maisie here,

So sorry about raccooney, how terrible she is to run over him like that, they just don't get it.  I make sure they can't do this to any of my stuffies, I rip them apart as soon as I get them so nobody can have a chance to hurt them..... :devil: 

• Like 1

Demps:  Ugh.  :( Now what are you going to do Eli?  How will you ever live in the same place where Raccooney was so savagely and thoughtlessly murdered?  If I were you I would teach this Alpha B a lesson and hide.  Hide somewhere where she can't find you until lunch time.  Let her worry and fret and then be bigger than her and let yourself be seen (something she can no longer give to you with Raccooney - now in pieces of fuzz and fur).  Let her love you, snuggle you, kiss you, scratch you, treat you, make her beg for forgiveness.  Milk it for all it's worth.

Then, I suppose, you will have to accept the fact that Raccooney is gone.  After all accidents happen.  Maybe you should tell Alpha B that if she wasn't whipping around on that machine so late at night she might of seen Raccooney.  She might of been able to change Raccooney's future.  Your future. ....  Oh well, no use dwelling.  Go to your box of toys and look through them again.  Is there anybody that will fulfill Raccooney's standards?  If not - make Alpha B buy you Raccooney's until you find one that would be acceptable.

Very sorry for your loss. - Dempsy

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Eli!  W'as-up, dawg?  Sorry about Racooney.  Sweet Pea and I are arguing over Mr. Dragon this AM.

Daddy Beas won't even touch it anymore because it's so ....juicy.

I hope you can find Racooney's replacement soon.  Personally, I think I'd find a way for that

tractor of destruction to break down...forever.  (At least pee on it!)  But that's just me.  :devil:

Teddy Bear, part of the Wonder Twins

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Good grief Eli. What was your upright thinking? Don't they ever learn?

Personally I shred everything immediately and have no favorites. Suggest you do the same. Look pathetic - not hard since you really are sad (and mad)- that should get her to take you to choose a new raccooney- don't let her do it by herself.

Good luck buddy - Angus

Woof! Zekey here… yes -- look pathetic! Let her buy you many, many more toys to make up for the loss of your beloved Racoony. But keep rejecting them, to get even more toys!

Well, that's my advice… Oh look --  squirrel! Must dash...

Oh, Eli, this is such an injustice!  I mean, it's one thing to commit cold-blooded murder of a beloved toy but then to say it was *your* fault for leaving it in the yard??  What the *&%$$# is the Alpha B thinking?  I agree with Dempsy - you should milk this for all it's worth (and then some).  Furthermore, you should demand a replacement raccoon toy immediately.  Remember:  Uprights will not learn unless they are punished when they misbehave.  

My sympathy on the loss of your buddy,

Buffy

Aw Eli, this is just tragic. The uprights can be so incredibly stupid and callus!  I know just how you feel. No new toy can replace your beloved Raccooney when it is your best, most favorite toy, I am so sorry you had to witness such carnage! How awful for you!

I agree some form of punishment must be doled out. After all, if you had broken something special to the Alpha B, she'd be mad and punish you!  Maybe there's an expensive vase or something you could "accidentally" tip over, and then blame her for leaving it there! Don't get mad; get even!  :devil:

Lots of hugs and sympathy,

Lola

• Like 1

Well - the uprights grandson threw my beloved Octopus up on the roof!!  The uprights didn't even notice it was missing until Mr. Upright went out on the deck and said "Hey, there is an Octopus up on our roof!"  It took a ladder and a rake to get my favorite chewy back down - I kept trying to tell them it was up on the roof, but the uprights ignored me!!!!

• Like 1

Pepper's Mom

Oh Pepper Bug.  That's horrible too!  To have Octty up there on the roof - it must of been very lonely for him.  Darn upright youngsters - they can't be trusted with toys either.  Glad you got your octopus back.  Whew.  Now you know that you need to hide him when those grandkids come again. 

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I've got it, Eli:  Does the Alpha B have one of those fancy little boxes that she talks to and messes around with all day?  You know what I'm talking about . . . I think they call them Eye Phones or something like that.  Anyway, grab that thing and run off with it.  Leave it in the yard where the big lawn mower machine will chew it to bits.  See how *she* likes it when one of her prized possessions is brutally destroyed!

Don't get mad, get even!

Buffy

• Like 3

Oh oh...here is another suggestion. Does she have a favorite pair of leather shoes....take one, only one, cause that is way more frustrating to an upright, into the back yard, make sure it's well chewed and partially bury it in the yard. Let the lawn mower do the rest of the work.ha ha....one shoe will still be totally usable, while the other will be confetti . Drives them crazy. ;)

Rosie

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Woof!  Eli, here.  I knew you guys would understand.  I had Raccooney for a long time and he was mostly intact.  Maybe a little de-stuffelized, but mostly intact.  The stupid Alpha B brought the carcass and the tail inside for me and I snuffle it once in a while, but it is not the same.  I still have the old Moo-Cow I was fond of before I got Raccooney.  And then there's the old stuffed Red Blood Cell from the blood bank that I toss around sometimes.  But I am just going to pout for a while.  Except at dinner time.

Woof!

Eli

Edited by mrseggcup

Woof!  Zeus here.  Here is something that has almost worked for me:  make sure that your monkey (that's what we call the uprights in my house) is watching, then sniff at one of the pieces of Racooney that was brought back to you, pick up the piece of your treasured toy and toss it, just once, into the air, wagging all the time, then just flop and give a big sigh.  If your monkey starts talking you can sit up and pretend to listen, then go back to stare at the remains of your treasured toy.  Remember to sigh loudly every time one of the monkeys looks in your direction.  Giving them a pitiful look or three doesn't hurt.

I say this almost worked for me because I did it when there were guest monkeys in the house.  I was trying to get a trip to the store to pick out my own replacement, but they went without me and brought back two toys and said I had to share one with Loki when he hadn't done any of the work except for destuffing and tearing my toy into smaller and smaller bits.  Oh, well, you can't really train these monkeys.  You do what you can and hope for the best, and a belly rub.

~Z

• Like 2

Who rescued whom?

Woof! Malcolm here. Bad mommy. Bad mommy. My daddy will ignore me when I'm bad. Try it on your mommy. Just ignore her no matter how much she calls. Oops, just thought that is something Cairns do all the time anyway. Ok I'll try to think up something else.

Ha - Pegi here.  I have a suggestion for all my fellow cairns - one of my favorite toys is Dino - it's hard plastic w/bumps and looks like some prehistoric animal.  And it's super hard; great for chewing.  The uprights steer clear of it as they have ALL stepped on it at one time or another; mostly with bare feet!  You should hear the screaming then!  Now I keep it in my mom's office (where she works all day) in a bed in the corner.  She always picks it up and puts it back in the bed - no problem!

• Like 1

Linda & Pegi

Hey Eli - could Racooney have an oberashun? My Ted has had lots and lots. Mummy oberates on him and then he is okay. He looks a little different and so would Racconey, but he'd still smell and taste the same. Mummy even used some of my Daddy's old t-shirt to re-stuff Ted last time, so he is extra yummy now. :) I have a racconey, too. I love him too because he is long and Mummy drapes him around my neck for me to chase in a circle. My boyfriend Ziggy gave him to me. :)

• Like 3

You can have my racooney if you like . Jock left it for me but I have lots of other toys. . :) looking at this picture Mum says I really need a haircut...but I rather like the wild child look.

post-4010-0-58947400-1403729992_thumb.jp

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 3

I have a whole box of toys that you can play with. But you have to come over here because I only share my toys if someone is playing tug with me.

What you have to do is train your momma like I have. I climb into my spot in the bed (she says it's her spot - ha!), cuddle up to sleep, and momma picks up all my toys and puts them in the box. Then she comes to bed and gives me a cuddle.

Now if only I could figure out how to stop her from moving me to the other side of the bed. Humf!

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley