CairnTalk

Lola is 5!

Autumn & Lola

Today is my sweet little Lola's 5th birthday. We've only had her for half that time, but we cannot remember a time without her now.

She's made great strides in the past year from when we first got her. Although she will never like other dogs, at least she doesn't seem to want to tear their faces off when they pass the fence. That is progress. She is also much improved in all her commands, especially coming inside when told to do so. This year she has been especially sweet and kind to me and a real comfort to me. She continues to make us laugh with her funny ways and her zoomies.

We bought her a new toy. It is the same size/color and softness as the beloved "Ted", but it is a bunny. We'll see if she goes for it. We also got her some different treats and some homemade (not by me!) dog chocolates, and a small steak to have for her dinner. We'll give her the gifts later this afternoon and I'll see if I can get a photo of her opening them.

Happy Birthday my sweet girl.  We love you! :)

• Like 1

Have a great day little Lola.  You are a sweetie that's for sure.  I sounds like mom and dad have a special day planned.  Can't wait to see your 5th birthday photo!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :party::cake::wub:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Woof Woof Lola. Have a great birthday - be sure to get in there quick and rip your presents out from that stupid paper stuff the uprights often put over them.

Thank you everybody!

I am in party mode :party: and I still don't have my damn presents yet! Daddy is still working and he said I have to wait until dinner time! That's not fair. They are sitting on the table, all covered up in that stupid paper stuff - you're right! - so I can't see them! I can SMELL them, though! Lemme at them! My STEAK is still in the big, cold box! Get to cookin', Mummy!

*kisses* to my boyfriend Ziggy!  :wub: 

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I FINALLY got my steak and presents!  BOY was that steak GOOD, plus I have enough for tomorrow, too! Yeaaahhhhh!

Here is me and my Daddy. He helped me open my presents!   I got treats, doggie chocolates and a new bunny toy!

post-4156-0-97044100-1397759967_thumb.jp

post-4156-0-72202000-1397759994_thumb.jp

post-4156-0-26834000-1397760021_thumb.jp

Oh Lola you are so lucky....from one girl to another , Happy birthday! :)

Rosie

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

:cake: Happy Birthday Lola. Oh boy! STEAK!!! You sure had a good day with your daddy helping you open the presents. We know he didn't have to, you could take care of that wrapping yourself. Still he had a good time along with you. Wishing you many more.

Thank you so much for all the nice wishes! I sure did have a great birthday!

Yes, Malcom's Dad, I could have opened them myself, but I like to throw him a bone once in a while. HEE!

LOLA! Happy belated birthday! 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley