CairnTalk

Persistent puppy biting

Mollysmum

On 4/4/2014 at 9:51 PM, Hillscreek said:

Different ways work for different dogs in different places. Experiment. Some respond to loud NO and/or yelp. Some respond to rolling on their side. Some respond to shunning. This last worked for me. When Angus used to use his teeth on me I immediately - I mean AT ONCE yelped, said NO BITING. Then spoke no more, just  him put him in his x-pen or when bigger in a hallway or another room (used baby gates) for a few minutes. Angus is extremely sociable and he hated this. I did this over and over till he got the message.

Just one other note  imo never never hit a dog. If I hit Angus he's be right in my face fighting back at me.

Rule a cairn by being smarter than them and by being more determined. 

Believe it or not, my puppy came home with me after biting the tip of my nose when I went to see him.