CairnTalk

Belle's Boo Boo Paw

Jack

Belle had a rough day yesterday. She had been biting at her butt all weekend so first thing in the morning we took her to the vet to get her glands expressed. The rest of the day it rained and sleeted, hovered around the freezing mark all day. Around three-thirty we decided to take Belle & Jack on a short run outside the fenced in yard, go by and visit the neighbors and such. We went down by the branch on the back of the property and Belle all of a sudden pulled up short and started licking her front left paw. We investigated...blood was everywhere! I carried her the couple of hundred yards to the house, wrapped her in a towel and off to the vet. She had a good sized cut next to her pinkie pad on that paw, no stitches needed. She was cleaned and bandaged and sent home a bit stoned from the meds. She seems to be doing good today, just not eating well yet.

post-5574-0-03099600-1395162428_thumb.jp

post-5574-0-03099600-1395162428_thumb.jp

It was a compression bandage to stop the bleeding. We went back and looked, couldn't find a thing. What ever it was it was razor sharp!

Awwww, poor thing!  OMG but that photo is adorable, especially her expression and the bandage. Look at me! I hurt my paw! Look at this ridiculous looking thing they put on my leg! :)

Poor Belle. I hope she is feeling much better soon!

• Like 1

Belle, that's a pretty fancy bandage you've got on your paw.I want one. Angus

PS. Angus has no sympathy. I'm hoping Belle back to running around like normal soon.

It's that look what they did to me look....love the leopard bandage! It will heal soon Belle, and you will be running in the creek with Jack again in no time.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I feel really guilty that I'm enjoying looking at an injured pup so much but she has such an unbelievably adorable look on her face! Feel better Belle! I hope Jack is taking it easy on you!

From Addie: Belle, I'm so sorry you hurt your foot. I hurt my foot too a few weeks ago (actually mommy hurt it by cutting my nail too close, I don't blame her but I told her I hate getting my nails trimmed!). I didn't get an awesome bandage like that though! You look super cool and stylish. Hope you feel better soon!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Sorry Belle.  You had one heck of a day. Your expression says it all. :confused:  I too love the bandage.  Lots of love and cuddles coming your way. :hug:Hope you heal quickly.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Belle is doing well. She no longer limps. She gets a clean bandage each morning covered with a pink infant sized sock to keep her clean through the day. The bandage comes off in the evening so that the cut can breathe overnight. She has done well with this arrangement and has had no need for a "cone of shame."

• Like 1

Good to hear she's healing!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

So can I have the leopard spot bandage then and  the plastic thingy that goes over it? Angus

He's terrible - ugh . Glad Belle is getting better.

• Like 1

This was Belle on the second day when she decided it was time to start eating again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45842149@N02/13268452595/

Then she decided it was time to get Jack to play.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45842149@N02/13268486575/

Then it was time for a nap!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45842149@N02/13268428955/

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

OMG! Her expression is priceless!

How come she never tried to chew off the bandage? Ruffy would have the bandage off in 30 seconds!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Belle was a puppy mill dog. She lived in a cage for the first six months of her life. Since she has been with us she has been very accommodating. It is as though she will do anything she is asked for her freedom. The are exceptions...anything that she considers prey and don't show her anything that resembles a cage! When a fresh bandage is put on she will lick it a couple of times and take off like everything is normal, when it is removed she will inspect her boo boo, give it a lick and all is well. She was the same way when she was spayed, no problem.

Good to see she is healing ok. Like Sanford any dog I had would try to chew off bandages. Belle is a really good little girl.