CairnTalk

Heather is getting a brother!

Lei-Quinn

My DH and I go on Saturday to pick him out. He won't be coming home for a few more weeks. Right now he is a bit over a month old (born 2/13). And he really is Heather's brother. Or half brother to be correct. Same father, different mother.

I have never been good at adding pictures but I will try when I get some.

• Like 5

Hillscreek--- I was trying to remember if there was an "Angus" here. That is the name I picked for my pup as well. I just like the sound of it. Of course, one of my nieces has a Lab named Angus, so I will have wee Angus. :)

My Angus will be so excited and pleased to welcome wee Angus!

Such a fine and ancient Scottish name. Celtic spelling Aonghas. Angus county called the birthplace of Scotland containing the valley of Strathmore from whence came the fine cattle exported to Texas in 1873 also bearing that ancient name. 

Looking forward to pics.

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 2

Puppy!!! So exciting! Good luck dealing with the wait!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Does anyone remember the children's book "Angus and the Ducks"? That was about a Scottie.

My Gus is actually another Angus but always called Gus especially after my great-nephew was named Angus!

I know the Angus books. I think there might be two or three of them. I'd forgotten all about them. Simple beautiful short tales - Rosie have you read them little Scottie girl?

61K2nvcwwOL_SL500_SX258_BO1204203200_.jp

Angus is often shortened to Gus or a diminutive Ang-Gee with a hard 'G' which is what I call my Angus most of the time.

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 2

I loved reading the Angus stories when I was little. :)

Congrats on the new baby boy! Hope you can take pictures of him to share while we all wait in anticipation. I'm eager to see what Heather will think of him, too.

I also am so wanting a puppy. Hilscreek thenks for the lesson on Angus cattle. Raised in Texas, but never knew where the name or the breed originated. We can learn many things on this forum.