CairnTalk

Recipe Database Added

bradl

You all were making me hungry, so I added a database to the forum for recipes.  

I think it's ready for testing, at least.  Adding a recipe is basically the same as posting in a forum: fill out a form. :P  You can access the database (and add to it, hint, hint) from the Databases menu dropdown at the top of the forum.

recipe-1.png

recipe-2.png

recipe-3.png

recipes-4.png

Fill out the various fields (many are optional), hit "Preview" and if things look about right, hit  "Save" and it's done!

Let me know in Forum Support if you have difficulties and we'll get things sorted out as best we can.

Enjoy.

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 4 months later...

Rosies Home cooked diet:

Am:
1/2 cup cooked extra lean hamburger
1/4 cup (heaping) lightly steamed and puréed green beans, yellow beans, carrots (frozen from Costco)
1heaping tsp of pumpkin or sweet potato
1 vetri science multi vitamin.mineral
1tsp of olive oil or salmon oil
150 mg calcium citrate (I crush it )

Pm:
The same as above, except I leave out the vitamin pill and oil. But she does get the other half of the crushed calcium pill.

I cook the beef and freeze it in container, steam the veggies and I usually throw in half an apple or a chunk of banana, and put that through the blender. I package it separately from the meat and freeze them also. Add the pumpkin and oil at feeding time.

Try changing the protein every so often(slowly) just so they don't build up an intolerance as some dogs do. And really if we all think about it why would a dog not do well on real food! How does everyone think dogs survived, and had longer lives , before the big pet food industry came into being. They have worked hard to tell people that real food is harmful for your dog! Really...where I stand If I know what goes into my dogs daily food how can they not be doing great!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Brad I think I posted this in the wrong section!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Thanks for sharing. In the spirit of having the recipe database be the recipe database, I copied the above into a recipe record to show how it can be done. It would be preferable to have it from the actual author --  I will delete my duplicate if you do. 

Update: well that explains a lot :P Are you OK with my idea?

(I think I'll close this topic so as not to trap innocent posters!)

Edited by bradl
oops
  • Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

My fault for not closing sooner.  If folks have specific recipes to share, feel free to add them to the database.

Topics of nutrition generally are suitable as forum topics in Off-Leash (when of general interest to dog owners of any breed and not Cairn-specific in some way) or in one of the Cairn forums when Cairn-specific in some way (I tend toward being fairly liberal in interpreting that, but I can't promise I won't move some topics in the spirit of housekeeping). 

(as done with a link to interesting resource posted here)

Thanks!

Edited by bradl
topic split