CairnTalk

Most "loved" toys

Kathryn

Here is Buckley with Ervis the rubber chicken

LOVE Buckley's wild eye!! We had a similar chicken that was a pirate, complete with peg-leg. Love how creative they get with these toy designs!

Here is Buckley with Ervis the rubber chicken

BuckleyErvis2.jpg

Now there are the best Cairn Terrier Eyes I've seen in a long time!  Excellent!

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Zeus only wants his toys to squeak and be thrown so he can play fetch.  Loki will destuff, desqueak, and play tug with a toy until it is in pieces too small to tug.  It only takes a few minutes and you can generally tell their toys apart.

post-4868-0-17826300-1395887272_thumb.jp

• Haha 1

Who rescued whom?

• 3 years later...

Katie, our 9 1/2 month old Cairn has new toys.

When she came home to us, we had a basket of toys from our previous Westie. It took no time at all to surmise that Katie the Cairn, after commandeering/chewing/destroying various shoes, books, boxes etc. was not a gentle player. She is very active and curious. We call her the canine Hoover for her swallowing anything and everything she can get into her mouth.

We tossed out all but one basically unused Kong and a soft plush squeaky bone from the toy basket. Not a problem for her as she had decreed the office trash can as her new toy box!.

Perusing the myriad of toys at our local Pet supply stores, rejecting everything made in China, we settled on trying out the Kong branded toys. Wubbas, sock toys, and various stuffers. Surprised to find these toys beyond the classic one you can stuff. We have a new basket of toys. Toys are picked up at night and rotated out, a couple out each morning. Hoping this keeps her from being bored!  Tug and toss toys with squeakers that we play with together.  

Yesterday we added a new one. Always on the look out for toys that might keep her busy for a few minutes. We settled on ( it may be new)  the Wobbler. The small one. We can put a few kibble treats in and it keeps her busy for about 20 to 30 minutes. Happy fun!

Only down side is that it is of very hard plastic and as she pushes it around, it noisily bumps into furniture and doors and I am jumping up to see if she has gotten into or onto something forbidden. The same reaction that I have when all is too quiet!!!! 

Katie is our 6th dog. Previous ones have all been active and playful with  the last 3 being Westies. Katie is a happy challenge as we explore new toys and training techniques for this exuberant pup. Everyday a surprise and a laugh!

Enjoy!

kong1.jpg

kongb.jpg

kongc.jpg

konga.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Great pics of Katie having fun! Especially like the pic showing the huge cairn mouth containing the huge cairn teeth! A lovely lively girl.

Piper has a few favorites and thankfully does NOT tear any of them up. Cardboard boxes and plastic water bottles? She shreds!

steve

At this point in his young life,  Dougal doesn't discriminate and is an equal opportunity (toy) player.  However I'm not sure where his otter is, as it is not in the photo.  They all start out in a pile in the morning and end up everywhere in the family room by mid day.  He also loves to retrieve anything that I throw for him.

Dougal11.JPG

Edited by Wacenturion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good thing you live in another country...I think I would have to dognap Dougal.💕

Sam has no soft toys...he eats them. So he get tough things that don’t break......sigh

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Indestructible - jive dog balls. Oban has 2 small ones and a dumbbell in the same material.

Almost indestructible - hugglehounds toys.  Oban has had a pink rabbit since his puppyhood. Squeaker came out quickly and I have had to sew them repeatedly. But he loves them.

Nikki used to be a toy-destroyer. Now he has other purposes for them, including throwing them at my leg to get my attention, parading around the house with the biggest toys he owns to get my attention, using them as pillows, and grooming them.

Big pig is his favorite parade toy. He shakes it and struts around with it, holding it as high as he can. Sometimes he grooms it and uses it as a chin rest. 

Liquidator and Little Blue are a couple of favorite chin rests, and objects to throw at me. 

He only plays with the stuffable toys when they have food in them. Otherwise they’re boring, lol.

Edited by Lupinegirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is the fate of all toys that cross the threshold. (Body parts and stuffing were

scattered all over... I had to gather the pieces together to fit in the frame).

IMG_0030.JPG.73d087ff6120083e60b885747694fbeb.JPG 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Love all the pics!  I am with ya - Dougal and Katie are priceless.  They all look like happy pups. 

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

Certainly one of the oddest toys our Sammi has adopted is a simple Melamine bowl that she found somewhere on the hill we live on--she proudly brought it up on the porch one day and ever since it has been on of her go to toys.  She can push it around on the floor, bite it, carry it around, and it makes all the requisite sounds she needs to keep her happy.  We've had the thing ten years now and she still occasionally pulls it out of the toy box for a play session!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Idaho - that is hilarious! Are there still TVs shows such as Funniest Animal Videos?  This one could win.

I think she wants you to fill it with ice cream...

• Haha 1

Idaho Cairns

I honestly think Sammi likes the sound of the the thing more than anything else--and the fact that it scoots so well on the carpet.  

• Haha 2