CairnTalk

Panthergirl

panthergirl

Hi there! I was introduced to my acupuncturist's Cairn (appropriately named "Romeo") a few weeks ago and I fell in love!

I'm a recent empty nester, and although my son's college president told the parents of the Freshman class "now, don't go get a dog!" I really do feel the pull to do just that.

I had a retired racing greyhound for 8 years until he died 3 years ago. Really miss having a dog, but I am allergic to many/most breeds. I also want to stick with a smaller dog this time because my greyhound eventually lost the ability to climb the stairs of my condo and that was heartbreaking. He had to go live with friends (his 'nursing home') for the last year of his life.

So, I've got experience with high prey drive and dogs that must be on a leash at all times. ;) 

I've been looking at the adoption sites for Cairns, but as much as I thought I'd never say this, I might actually want to buy a puppy this time around. 

If you can recommend a reputable breeder in the NY tri-state area (or even Pennsylvania or New England... I'll take a road trip, no problem!) please PM me.

Thanks and glad I found this forum! 

Our spectacular forum moderator usually recommends you go the the Cairn Terrier Club of America web site.

www.cairnterrier.org/‎    They won't list a breeder they feel is disreputable.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the world of crazy, devilishly clever, terminally independent, impossibly stubborn, warm hearted,

always loving and loved, Cairn Terriers! :)

I got hooked in 1983, and have been here ever since.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg