CairnTalk

CharlaysServant

CharlaysServant

New to the forums with an 8 month old.  His name is Charlay and is quite the handful.  He's actually my 11 y/o daughter's puppy but it seems like I'm cleaning up after him more than she is! 

He's more stubborn than a mule and has more energy than me, my wife, and our daughter combined!  But we love him to death.

I hope that we get to learn much more about Cairn breed in general and get help from people that have been there and done that.

I grew up with dogs all my life, but they were all outdoor dogs.  This is our first indoor dog and my wife's and daughter's first dog ever. 

Thanks everyone!

post-7181-0-20379000-1386720829_thumb.jp

Awwwwwww!  He's adorable. Welcome to you and to Charlay!  

Gorgeous - check!

Stubborn - check!

Tons of energy - check!

Sounds like you've got yourself a Cairn. :D

• Like 1

He's more stubborn than a mule and has more energy than me, my wife, and our daughter combined!  But we love him to death.

Sounds like typical cairn and owner  :lol: Looking forward to more pics and stories.

• Like 1

Oh my, Charlay is a cute one!  Not to worry, you've got yourself a real dog there and the attributes that you note are part of the "charm" of the breed.  Once you get them domesticated and familiar with the rules of the household you will see why we are such fans of the Cairn Terrier.  The learning curve for new owners of Cairns needs to be steep or the dog will frustrate the dickens out of you--we can help.  Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  It's nice to know we have at great group of people on this forum to lean on to get advice, ask questions, and share stories and pics!!

Charlay is lovely!!!!! He's got that innocent look down; will come in very handy as he tests your patience!  :lol:

My parents got me a dog when I was 10 and though I loved her with my whole heart, I can promise you I didn't do much work beyond cuddling her until I was about 16. Good luck with passing the responsibility over. 

The forum has been invaluable helping me adjust to Cairn Terriers after 15 years with a Maltese and two without a dog - feel free to voice any concerns or ask any questions!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley