CairnTalk

Posting Oddities

bradl

Several posters (myself included :P ) have reported a posting oddity. You may see a page full of gibberish along with some text like the following ...

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 31 in /home/account/cairnterrier.org/forum/.../sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1341

When this happens, refresh the page (F5 or CTRL-R or CMD-R) and normally you will see your post just as you would normally expect.  

It's disconcerting but seems otherwise harmless. Since we haven't moved yet, I think it may be tied to the recent updates. I've opened a support ticket.  Will report back when resolved.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

With help I think the cause has been isolated and a fix implemented. If anyone gets a similar error in the next couple of days, please open a new topic. Thanks!

Note: If you found this topic via search engine, the solution here was to delete all media BBCodes and reimport an XML dump of the default media BBCodes as exported from a default installation. The errors were triggered every time the RSS cache was written. Disabling all RSS feeds was successful as a temporary workaround.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club