CairnTalk

Redmon

pkcrossley

This stuff just really makes me tear up, because we are all cairn lovers here and I just cant imagine what would happen to me if something happened to my dog.

I know for one fact though, you're a very strong individual and offered Redmon the best life he could ever asked for, you should feel proud and blessed... God bless Redmon and yourself, I hate reading these topics because I always cry, but I really believe you did everything the best you could. You should not only be a proud cairn lover, but a proud giver and your moral's are insanely valuable. God bless you.

May peace be with you,

Sincerely,

Newman

Edited by Newman

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

A tribute worthy of Redmon. Very sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing him. You will see him again.

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

I am not good with these topics they make me cry uncontrollably and my brain just seems to not work very well from grief. I can't imagine all that you and Redmon have been through. These little dogs just seem to steal your heart in a way that no other dog can reach. They are so intelligent, it's just amazing.

So sad to read this morning of Redmon's passing. He had a wonderful full life with you and your human and animal family.

Thanks so much for sharing the beautifully written memorial to a great little pal.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Thank you for sharing Redmons story and for sharing Redmon himself with us. He was a very special Cairn and will certainly be missed by you and Teddy.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Redmon with all of us, he will be deeply missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Teddy.

Thank you for sharing Redmon with us all these years. While I'm sure your post was difficult to write, it was beautiful and a lovely tribute to him.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

With deepest sympathy to you and your family on Redmon's passing. What a good dog! What a smart dog!

You did everything you could for this beautiful boy. I'm sure he's sending you heavenly love for being such a great caregiver.

Redmon's tribute had me balling my eyes out as I held my pup-son and read similar stories.

Prayers rising for you, your family and beloved Redmon.

Edited by JCDickens

Please visit Dickens at "The Daily Dickens" at http://www.itsthedaughter.blogspot.com.

Such a wonderful story of Redmon's life. Sounds like he was a very special boy. How lucky for you and your family that you took him home from that awful pet shop. How terribly sad when we have to say goodbye. :-(

Yes, I agree - Redmon was lucky that you took him home. He sounds like he loved his life with you and thank you for sharing it with him. God bless.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

He stole your breakfast and stole your heart. I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful and special journey he had. We are sending you big hugs. Adrienne, Chuck and Taz

Edited by TazTalk

PK,

I'm very sad to hear of Redmon's passing. Your stories of his and your journey with his illness touch my heart.

Thank you for being a understanding and gracious person even during your grief.

pk,

i am so sorry for your loss. you fought like mad for redmond and gave him an extra year of life that many others could or would not have. he was such a lucky boy that you happened into that pet store 12 years ago. know that as you are hurting and mourning, we are all around the country by your side.

• Like 3

I have been wondering myself? is Teddy aware that his little buddy is no longer there? I love the picture you have of Teddy in the snow with his colourful jacket on.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Thank you all so much. I know some of you know how important these words are at a time like this, I hope the rest can understand how invaluable the interest and concern is.

Teddy is doing well. He is looking, and a lot of times he sits quietly near the door, waiting. It is complex for him. For most of his time here Teddy was carefully sheltered from anything he might get into trouble with, including Redmon deciding to do a big brother thing on his head. But over time they spent more and more time together and in the last few months Redmon sought Teddy out a lot for cuddling and often slept by his bed at night. I think Teddy is partly checking to be sure that the whole house is his now, but also waiting, curiously, for Redmon to come back. Teddy is very smart and is realizing that all the toys are really all his now, and he can go anywhere any time, and he has some new duties --like sitting with me in my work chair. In a week or so we will make a trip to his grandma and grandpa, and I know he will enjoy riding in the passenger seat instead of riding in the back. It is hard to know how he understands, but he does. He is just like that.

• Like 3

Redmon was a treasure. All of us here know the size of your loss and we share the ache of your loss.

In spite of your sadness, I hope you can find some solace in the knowledge that you provided an incomparable life for Redmond, who started out as a dog that nobody else wanted.  

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Idaho Cairns

I am convinced that companion dogs grieve and mourn the loss of their partners--having had a two terrier household for many years we have witnessed how difficult it is for the surviving dog to come to grips with the loss of a playmate or, in at least two cases, a responsibility they have taken on to be the eyes and ears of an older companion who need those senses.

It is the long moments staring at the doors, the gates, the reaction to small noises that has persuaded me that, in their way, dogs do mourn.

We have brought a new dog into our home as quickly as possible following a loss because of the need the surviving dog seems to have as well as for our own comfort in dealing with the grieving process.  I also believe it makes the transitioning of the new dog, whether an adult rescue or a puppy, into the home easier as the surviving dog, as well as ourselves, are in such a dark place after a loss that the new addition is so welcomed.  Since I also am convinced that surviving dogs pass traits learned from their experience with the lost companion to the new dog, bringing a new addition in insures a continuation of those traits in a new generation.  Opening up our minds and hearts to a new dog seems to work out well here.

That's our general rule and I wouldn't presume everyone would feel the same way--getting past the loss of a beloved pet is just so very hard and so crushing that everyone reacts differently to the long process of getting past the loss. 

I have thought a lot about Redmon and you this past week or so, wondering how you were doing and hoping that the awful pain is lessening a bit--I am sure it is very difficult given the hard, hard battle you and Redmon waged in the last year--it just breaks my heart that no other alternative was possible for both of you.

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 1