CairnTalk

Addie's Christmas Trouble

_whits_

It started off so well. We put up the tree yesterday. I was walking around the tree, fixing all the branches (we have a fake tree) and Addie decided she could help. She started walking around the bottom, gently chewing on the branches. She wasn't being destructive, I swear she was copying what I was doing.

After that, she and I hung some ornaments together. She was very gentle with the tree; sniffing and nibbling but not trying to do any damage.

We have the tree in our barricaded formal living room so she doesn't destroy anything. I decided this evening to let her in to investigate the tree and all the new decorations. After a little while (of good behavior) she noticed I was about to take her out of the living room. She decided she wasn't ready for the fun to end . . . so she hid under the Christmas tree!!! I spent 30 minutes trying to get her out, and finally had to bribe her out with a broom.

post-5434-0-13042100-1355727668_thumb.jp

post-5434-0-06474400-1355727675_thumb.jp

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Here's her being better behaved yesterday.

post-5434-0-68433800-1355727765_thumb.jp

post-5434-0-51436500-1355727769_thumb.jp

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Addie was probably a little confused. Hmmm. Looks like a tree, but why doesn't it smell like one?? So cute that she was "arranging" the branches, just like Mom!

Sure. Addie knows you gotta make sure everything is as it should be. Angus wishes he could be there to help. Wouldn't the two of them look cute together under the tree?

Addie you're a sweetie! She says, "I think I will stay under the tree mom and wait for Santa to come. You go get the cookies and milk ready." :)

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Addie and Angus under the Christmas tree. :wub:

Addie pulls the same stunt under my bed, she hides under it just far enough out of reach where I can't get to her. I end up bribing her with a Wishbone (remember the kids show with the JRT?) doll to coax her out. I can't imagine it can be that fun having to stay completely still in one place for 20+ minutes . . . but there are some things Addie does I'll never understand. :confused1:

My favorite part was when she thought being under the tree meant she could chew everyone's presents. Like somehow if I couldn't see her it wasn't happening.

That's one thing I like about Hanukkah...it's hard to hide under a menorah. :lol:

In my attempt to teach Addie about the world's religions we did dance and sing to a few Hanukkah songs while decorating the tree. She decided Christmas is a lot of work and Hanukkah is a lot of fun.