CairnTalk

accessing the forum from another device

Hillscreek

I'm using a samsung 10.1 tablet in addition to my laptop. The tablet will not accept my password or user name. I tried registering again but was told my info was already in use.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, don't create a new account just for a second device; that way (multiple accounts) lies madness. We need to solve why your tablet is not submitting (or the site is not accepting) your valid username and password.

To be sure it's being entered correctly have you tried typing the password in plain text (in a text document or something with no formatting) and then pasting it into the password field? That usually helps rule out typos.

Another very common frustration is a device or browser that "helps" you by using cached pages ... sometimes they will keep serving you the error page even though you should be getting a success. Nothing to do with those but clear browser cache and start over.

Sometimes if they are being especially stubborn I have had to resort to trying an entirely different browser. I don't have any android or non IOS portables, but I assume there are multiple browsers available for other platforms same as on IOS (Chrome, Opera, Dolphin, etc.).

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club