CairnTalk

The dog show tonight

Malcolm's Dad

During Cairn judging all handlers and judges should be dressed in jeans, flannel shirts, hiking boots and covered in mud and vegetation to represent being dragged into hell while chasing vermin. :D

• Like 4

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Well, as a traditionalist, I say let's maintain some reasonable amount of "proper dress" in dog shows and everything else we do. Heaven knows if you turn everything over to the anything goes crowd you won't like the results. I know in this part of the world that liberal attitude has resulted in tee shirts and cutoff jeans at everything from the Country Club to funerals and weddings and I find it worth objecting to--show some respect! Just because our dogs are naturally "scruffy" (except in show circles where they are a bit "over groomed") doesn't mean we have to be. Want to do a "people of Walmart" that's fine in Walmart but not where serious people gather to do important things like determine what the most perfect example of God's most perfect animal is.

I really wish they would show Cairns more and some of the others less! It takes special people to recognize the value of the Cairn Terrier! I guess that shows how few special people there are in the world! :lol:

As far as dress I would like to say "I could care less how other people dress" but I would be lying! I don't like formal wear for any reason, but I definitely don't like the modern standard for casual wear either. I hate to see young mens underwear I just want to pull their pants up or fix the wholes in their clothes. I don't like to see women's buts or other feminine parts hanging out. Makes me want to crawl in a hole from embarrassment. I guess I like a conservative type of dress. I like Khakis, flannel shirts, sweaters, polos, dresses that fall below the knee. That''s me though.

I just wish more of the female handlers could/were allowed to wear pants. It just looks odd to see someone in a suit/stockings/good flats running through the grass at the shows, or even just running at the indoor ones. I don't mean they have to wear jeans, but something a little more suitable.