CairnTalk

The dog show tonight

Malcolm's Dad

Just got done watching the dog show. I was waiting for the terrier group hoping to see a Cairn. There was a Cairn in the competition but it got less than a second of camera time. How disappointing. A Scottie was selected for the judge's platform. I thought of Rosie. The host mentioned the Scottie isn't a dog that listens well lol. Hmmm, I wonder where they got that trait from????

Just got done watching the dog show. I was waiting for the terrier group hoping to see a Cairn. There was a Cairn in the competition but it got less than a second of camera time. How disappointing. A Scottie was selected for the judge's platform. I thought of Rosie. The host mentioned the Scottie isn't a dog that listens well lol. Hmmm, I wonder where they got that trait from????

Thanks for the heads up. I was watching up to the working group and decided to record the rest. Now I won't have to watch the rest of it. It just isn't a real dog show unless there is a Cairn winner, of class and show!!! :P

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Ha ha ...so true! Scottie's are above listening to their uprights unless their is something you can do for them. And it's very obvious that Cairns and Scottie's are very much related in that trait. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Same over here, very little of the Cairns when they showed Crufts.

Then a couple of weeks ago there was Discover Dogs in London, not a dog show but a chance to meet all breeds and find out about them. There was a little bit apparently on the local news in London and it just mentioned Labradors!

However, we were lucky the previous month they did a series on Paul o'Grady at Battersea Dogs Home and managed to catch a glimpse of his Cairn Cross [that was a rescue] at the beginning of each programme!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

We want to see more Cairn. The terriers are the best. Last week at the vets, the vet tech who has a Cairn said she went camping with her daughter. The daughter said that Lanie made her decide that she did not want a terrier. What a fun, exasperating time, at times she will be missing.It will be her loss, :innocent:

Here, here! I don't know if anyone remembers Ely the Cairn whom we haven't heard from in quite some time?

He was the self-established grand pooh-bah of CUR, Cairns United in Revolution.

We need to carry that forward! Nominations?

On that note, one of the last time we ventured out to the Atlantic coast (Assateague Island) for a beach run someone asked us,

"What...is this Cairn Terrier day or something? We just saw a bunch of them up on the Ocean City boardwalk!"

We assured her that there was no event of which we were aware. It was kind of neat though that, a. they

knew what Cairn Terriers were (how many times do we have to

answer an inquiry with, "No, they're not Scotties", b. and that Cairns were getting so much visibility....at least somewhere. :lol:

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Sorry, I know everyone wanted to see the Cairn but I thought the Judge looked as if she was in evening dress - is that normal at USShows?

I feel cheated after watching the show only to find out the cairn was not even on. I did not watch it on Thursday so I thought they had shortened it to only the few chosen ones.

Thank you eastofeden for giving the cairn it's minute of fame. Loved how he/she didn't want to go in the same direction as the handler...that's our beloved cairn.

Josie I would say that for the average show "business attire" is probably most common - for men, suits or jackets and ties while ladies get more slack (so to speak) to wear just about anything. I love the occasional "theme" show where casual comfortable things like Aloha (Hawaiian) shirts or western wear (jeans!) are expected. For the shows that are big television events (like Westminster, Eukanuba, or this self-declared "national dog show") they definitely do go to evening or more formal wear. So it's typical for a show like that, but not typical for the average weekend cluster of shows.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks for that bradl, I think I would prefer the semi casaullook myself! Evening dress does not seem to go with a Cairn.

i feel the same way, I was watching dog shows on tv's and I rarely ever see a cairn, it's about time I Enter fonzy??? :D :D

• Like 1

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

We just have too be the "Woody Allens" of the bunch.

tlwtheq - I don't "get" the Woody Allen reference :huh: . To me, cairns are handsome little dogs; the personification of doggy good looks and cuteness. If you are suggesting that these are the same attributes that attractive young starlets see in Woody Allen, I think I'll go stab myself in the eye with a fork! :P

FEAR THE CAIRN!

... the Judge looked as if she was in evening dress - is that normal at USShows?

Hah ha, yes it is, at least at the nationally televised shows. And the male judges wear tuxes.

This triggered a memory for me that I found online... a quote from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

"You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions." :P

"You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions." :P

Last year, after the Westminster show, the hot topic of conversation at our local dog run was the "fancy" get-up on the woman who judged the Best in Show. At the risk of sounding too harsh, she looked like she was dressed as a contestant for Dancing With the Stars! There were many comments along the lines of, "How could someone with such terribly inappropriate taste in clothes, possibly be the judge of anything"? :huh:

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Last year, after the Westminster show, the hot topic of conversation at our local dog run was the "fancy" get-up on the woman who judged the Best in Show. At the risk of sounding too harsh, she looked like she was dressed as a contestant for Dancing With the Stars! There were many comments along the lines of, "How could someone with such terribly inappropriate taste in clothes, possibly be the judge of anything"? :huh:

Excellent point. I remember seeing the Best in Show judging. I think even the dogs were a little puzzled by that getup.

We just have too be the "Woody Allens" of the bunch.

tlwtheq - I don't "get" the Woody Allen reference :huh: . To me, cairns are handsome little dogs; the personification of doggy good looks and cuteness. If you are suggesting that these are the same attributes that attractive young starlets see in Woody Allen, I think I'll go stab myself in the eye with a fork! :P

I guess I was thinking of Woody's Allen's quote of Groucho Marx's quote about he "didn't necessarily want to belong to a club that

would have him as a member." Sometimes I feel that way about the dog show world...hey, you don't like me?

That's OK.

(P.S. - I knew that was an arcane reference..thanks for your understanding of an aging American.

Upshot, Cairns rule above all the dog show regalia. True? )

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg