CairnTalk

Curran

jodi0553

Today marks one year since I said goodbye to my sweet Currey. I never wrote a memoriam topic for him as we were so out of sorts with the death of my father-in-law, the diagnosis of terminal illness for my mother-in-law and the death of Currey all within 8 short days. Last fall we went to hell and back and still are reeling from it all, but taking life in stride, sometimes one day at at time. We've had many great joys over the past year, including the decisions to seize life by the horns and build a new house and bring to another cairn into our lives. In three weeks, Andy, Finn and I will move into our brand new home!

So many of you supported us through his short and anguishing battle with lymphoma last year, listening, writing words of encouragement and sharing your own stories of fighting and both winning and losing. Each time we found out something new about his illness, it looked like the odds were stacked in our favor, but we landed on the short end of the odds each time. I'm still glad we fought for him, even though we lost. It was a really hard choice to make both emotionally and financially, but it was worth every tear, every penny to have tried even though we didn't save him.

So thank you all for the part you played in Currey's life from the day I joined the forum wondering how to deal with the nippy holy terror Currey was as a four month old puppy till the day we said goodbye to him way too soon. You all made the experience of his life a better one.

We'll never forget you, Curran 12/15/05 - 11/11/11

post-1398-0-58296900-1352676082_thumb.jppost-1398-0-86553600-1352676091_thumb.jppost-1398-0-00003500-1352676576_thumb.jppost-1398-0-16865200-1352676585_thumb.jp

• Like 1

that's right, we will never forget that little boy. i can't believe it has been a year. you are still doing it all brilliantly. currey is with you all the way.

How could we ever forget Currey? Even though I never met him I know he was the joy of your life, and he became a joy to everyone here. When he was going through his brave battle I remember checking the board constantly for news, and I remember praying and hoping for a cure. It seems like yesterday.

After all you've been though it's wonderful to hear that Finn is stealing your heart and that you're looking forward to moving into a new home.

Hugs and best wishes for more healing yet to come.

Helene

A whole year...so hard to believe. You fought the good battle with Currey with all of us hopefully wishing that all would work out. There were many tears shed on this site when you lost him. To suffer so much loss in such a short time span is heart breaking but you have pulled through ...a new home for you Andy and Finn. Big hug

Lynn

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

So sorry about Currey. So sad to say goodbye. Don't know how you coped with all that was going on in your life.

Here's to new beginnings, new memories for you and your new Cairn in the new home.

Twelve months ago you had so many awful things happening, we shared with you Currey's fight and death and now you have so many better things, new home, new cairn! May life continue to improve

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Currey was wonderful. Just seeing these few pics - you can tell he ruled the roost and enjoyed doing it. He loved you guys just as much. Sorry for all your heart breaks. That's all you can do is grieve & move on. It will be so fun to be in your new home - enjoy - and send some pics. Best wishes.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I always thought Currey had a great life and a great family. He didn't get a single break with his illness, and you were amazing in your dedication to him. I know Finn will get the same love and care, and I am glad you all are going to share that love in a new home. Here's to a happy future for you and yours -- you deserve it.

Thanks for posting the photos of beautiful Currey...we were all so sad when he lost his battle with lymphoma (same disease that took my partner Will in just two months), So glad that you have darling Finn - not to take Currey's place in your heart but to make his own special place.

Know your memorie of Currey so special and will always be in your mind and heart. The memorial to him was wonderful. you are still in our thoughts. May Finn give you much pleasure and delight

Thanks for sharing curry with us all. He was very special and so handsome! Glad to hear things are improving for you guys.

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Sweet Currey, how could we ever forget him and his fighting spirit...he was a beautiful boy. Now Finn will fill your hearts with new memories and joy. Best to you and your family.

I am glad you decided to do a post for Currey and posted the pictures. I love the one you used as your avatar, such a handsome boy . He touched my life even though we never met. I remember when I read about the end of his struggles I picked up Loki and cried into his fur telling him that you had lost Currey. My boy looked up at me as if he understood what had happened.

Who rescued whom?

What a beautiful post, and as another has said, thank you for sharing Curry with us.

I'm so happy you have another bundle of fuzz and teeth to warm your heart and keep you on your toes!

This is a wonderful tribute to your dear Currey. Although we never get to meet anyone here, doesn't mean we don't "know" and feel each members happiness and sadness. Many a tear has been shed for a pup I've never met. I'm so happy to hear that life is moving forward for you - with a new pup and a new home. Enjoy....as we only get the chance to go around once.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I remember, well, all the stories about Currey. I am sorry for your loss. I went through similar circumstances when

Shadow was ill. God didn't take him then...just a few years later when things weren't so challenging.

Bless your family and your memories of Currey.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

So sorry for all the losses you experienced - - may you find comfort and absolute joy in your new home making memories with your little one. It's amazing how our hearts make room - - never forgotten but always open for another one to love!

Jodi, I have thought of you and your husband often over the past year and wondered how you were doing. Thank you so much for sharing with us these wonderful pictures of your beloved Currey. I will always remember him as a brave little boy who was called to Rainbow Bridge far too soon. Sending you, your husband and precious Finn best wishes for this holiday season.

Melissa

The wonderful stories you told of Curry are in my mind as I'm writing this; him as a pup on a college campus, to your adventure of moving across country. Your pictures of him are precious. His stare into the camera is full of love for his mamma.

I'm very sorry for all your loss in the past year; and wish you many happy times in your new home and a puppy to keep you busy.

I was very moved to read your beautiful remembrance of Curry. Thank you for sharing this tribute with us. So many of us felt the pain of your loss... and now we share in the happiness you and your husband have found with Finn...

Wishing you all the best!

FEAR THE CAIRN!