CairnTalk

Yesterday we went to visit a Cairn breeder

Nancyj

Lindy has been gone six weeks. For some reason, it seems like forever since I held her and breathed in the last scent of her.

I've not put away her bed or toys or even her food and water bowls.

Yesterday, we went to visit the breeder who has the father to our daughter's puppy, Allie. He and his lovely wife, show their Cairns,

so they were all absolutely georgeous. They had six from various ages and every one of them stole our hearts. They were sweet, smart,

loving, wanted to give us constant kisses. We interacted with them for 1.5 hours and the time flew by way too quickly. Ray and Linda were

"made" to raise and show Cairns. I couldn't stop chattering to my husband all the way home and througout the evening about those dogs!!

They are thinking of selling the six year old female, who has given birth to some show dogs over the years and was a show dog herself. She sat on my lap and gave me a

facial several times. We have always had puppies because it gives us longer time with them and we still want a puppy, but if they haven't found

an ideal place for her by spring, I would throw caution to the wind and take her, also. After doing day care for my grand dog, Lindy's litter mate for a number

of years, two would fit very nicely into our home. We are on the list for when they have a litter of puppies this spring.

My emotions over losing Lindy are still too painful, but each day does get less painful. Hopefully, but spring I will be ready to open my heart to a new puppy.

My Holly was retired by breeder after been shown and then two litters. She is a wonderful dog so I can recommend that way of getting a cairn that will steal your heart!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Oh, so glad that you were able to spend some quality time with quality Cairns! Spring will be here before you know it. Another Cairn will come into your heart at just the right time, and not a moment before.

My Holly was retired by breeder after been shown and then two litters. She is a wonderful dog so I can recommend that way of getting a cairn that will steal your heart!

This is exactly my experience with Sassy and it has been a great one. She helped me heal after the passing of my previous pooch.

It will all come together for you when it is time.

It is tough now and it will slowly get better, although it doesn't feel like it will at the moment.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I know, it stings like crazy. Lindy will always be a part of you. Who hasn't taken in that last scent or smoothed out their little hairs between their eyes for the last time. It's like we grow together and they become a part of us and then a part is cut off. Unfortunately that's what we all have in store for us as dog lovers. I am so happy that you went to spend time with moms and puppies. Sounds like mom would be blessing to have around and so would a puppy - it's a win win. Looking forward to some pictures when it comes time.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Such pain when a beloved dog passes.

A new friend makes the way forward easier. Angus has done that for me.

The memories remain of the one who is gone but the pain grows less. I'm sure that will happen for you. When the time is right you will know.

Who hasn't taken in that last scent or smoothed out their little hairs between their eyes for the last time. It's like we grow together and they become a part of us and then a part is cut off.

Lori, you brought tears to my eyes with that one.

Nancy, it's wonderful that you're thinking about opening your heart and home to another Cairn. Lindy can never be replaced, but nothing heals like a new love.

Count me in for tears too, reading all of this. I fell your pain on losing your baby. Sounds like you are starting to open your heart a little. I did the same. I thought I didn't want to do it again, but Dang if I did! Not cairns, but two little rescue dogs that needed homes. They will never take Fudgie's place, she was the one, but I have made room for them in my heart and they make me laugh. Happy to read this about you and your family...and maybe for the new furball to be.

Aww!! I told my husband last year when our Golden Retriever died no more pets! because they break your heart when they go. But it took me less than a year to realize that even though i was sad, i love animals, i have to have furry loves running around or i dont feel complete. So i think people like us, that have our pets from beginning to end, or even middle to end are special people, not everyone has the the strength of character, and the strong and loyal heart that we do, to see our furry loves live the good times and the slower, older times, until it comes time for them to pass on unexpectedly, or until we have to make that hard choice, purely out of love. The animals that we love are as lucky to have us as we are to have them.

Edited by Critterlover
One awesome husband plus, 4 kids, 2 fur babies (also known as dogs!) 2 turtles and one cat = one wonderful life!!

I hope by spring I'll be ready. They have offered to bring the older female for a few days visit, which I think is a great idea. Just not yet.

Thanks for all of your comments. It helps a lot. :)