CairnTalk

Two heads

Hillscreek

No neither is mine. They belong to a lady on the UK Forum. She is from Hungary and shows her Cairns and Great Danes in countries near there.

I think there was a discussion some years back about the difference between the Cairns with Swedish lines and the rest. Can't find the location right now.

That's Brad. That's what I was thinking about.

The difference is quite amazing.

Edited by Hillscreek

I was afraid to open this topic. I was expecting "two heads" to be some scientific freak of nature two-headed dog.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I've been trying to think what this pic brings to mind. I'm thinking the Swedish pup's neck is

more like a Schnauzer (sp?). But it's hard to tell since the wheaten Cairn's neck

isn't visible. Any opinions?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 2 months later...
I've been trying to think what this pic brings to mind. I'm thinking the Swedish pup's neck is

more like a Schnauzer (sp?). But it's hard to tell since the wheaten Cairn's neck

isn't visible. Any opinions?

I agree with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the Swedish pup's neck looks that way because the hair on the back of his neck has been trimmed and styled to give that effect.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

The Swedish cairn is bigger, I remember the first time I turned up to a coat care day here in Sydney and there were a few cairns there of Swedish lineage and my little Bandit looked so small by comparison. Leo is another story, although no Swede in him (and they are brothers) he's a little bit of a tubster. :)