CairnTalk

Cairn Christmas Card Exchange 2012

beccadiane374

Got one from Colorado. Wa-hoo! And finally finished up mine and popped them in the mail. Looking forward to checking my mailbox for the next few weeks!

3 cards received so far and I love them all!

Just finished getting mine ready to go tonight. (And Buffy talked me into including a story this year.)

Edited by hheldorfer

I've received 3 so far! Just finished up Nessie's tonight so they should be in the mail tomorrow!

I've been so excited about these, the people at work think I'm insane, though I believe they are just secretly jealous.

I've received 3 so far! Just finished up Nessie's tonight so they should be in the mail tomorrow!

I've been so excited about these, the people at work think I'm insane, though I believe they are just secretly jealous.

Who wouldn't be jealous? We're blessed with Cairns!

agh! still don't have the mailbox up at the new house we moved to last weekend. I haven't changed my address but did list it for the card exchange since I knew we'd be in on Dec 1. Hope they aren't throwing our cairn cards away! Must get mailbox ASAP!

I have 2 so far! What adorable Cairns we have! My goal this weekend is to get a Christmas suitable picture for Ozzy's card. I'm glad to read that he's not the only scruffy Cairn out there. Little guy is sporting the yak look right now with no plans on a groomer visit anytime soon. He is what he is! :)

I'm glad to read that he's not the only scruffy Cairn out there. Little guy is sporting the yak look right now with no plans on a groomer visit anytime soon. He is what he is! :)

I brushed and primped Buffy for 15 minutes before taking her picture but she still looks like a yak. The second she's off the grooming table all my work goes to hell. Good to know she won't be the only one.

We've gotten four! So wonderful and so real! I mean, online is OK but snail mail is tactile

and a beautiful experience. Thank you so much!

Ours got mailed yesterday. We paid a little extra to get the one to Ireland.

Hope it makes it there for Christmas.

Proud Mum of Olie, Teddy, and Sweet Pea.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Aw, I'm running behind this year. I've got the layout for the card ready but I haven't done our "photo shoot" yet. Packy & Kirby are getting anxious and keep bugging me to get the backdrop set up. I wish I would come up my ideas in July and just get it finished and ready, but I never get inspiration until well into December. Oh well, I'll get them done yet!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Aw, I'm running behind this year. I've got the layout for the card ready but I haven't done our "photo shoot" yet. Packy & Kirby are getting anxious and keep bugging me to get the backdrop set up. I wish I would come up my ideas in July and just get it finished and ready, but I never get inspiration until well into December. Oh well, I'll get them done yet!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm behind too. I haven't even started yet.

Don't anybody worry about being behind... it's more fun when they're spread out over weeks.

It extends the enjoyment, instead of getting them all at once. :)

These Christmas cards have been incredible. I signed up to do this and then 3 weeks ago my mom died. A massive heart attack from a 77 year young woman with no visible heart disease. When I got home from family and funeral planning I opened my emails and see Becky's list. I had forgotten all about it. I half-hearted got a photo together for a card. Sent mine out and called it done. I had NO Christmas spirit. Then the mail started coming with photos of everyone's cairns. My heart is lifted and warmed by seeing all the happy cairn's. Christmas has begun seeping back into my bones!! That and you can't stay down too long if you own a cairn. It seems they absolutely refuse to let you! I am so enjoying this card exchange!!

• Like 2

These Christmas cards have been incredible. I signed up to do this and then 3 weeks ago my mom died. A massive heart attack from a 77 year young woman with no visible heart disease. When I got home from family and funeral planning I opened my emails and see Becky's list. I had forgotten all about it. I half-hearted got a photo together for a card. Sent mine out and called it done. I had NO Christmas spirit. Then the mail started coming with photos of everyone's cairns. My heart is lifted and warmed by seeing all the happy cairn's. Christmas has begun seeping back into my bones!! That and you can't stay down too long if you own a cairn. It seems they absolutely refuse to let you! I am so enjoying this card exchange!!

Bless you and your family. We're a supportive group, here. Lean on us... (My cards just made it out yesterday.)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Don't anybody worry about being behind... it's more fun when they're spread out over weeks.

It extends the enjoyment, instead of getting them all at once. :)

Sassy and I have got one a day for the last four days. I like that pace. Keep 'em coming.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Heather and I have gotten 4 cards so far. I enjoy getting all the lovely Cairn cards. This is my first year sending cards and I don't think it will be my last. :santa2:

Rohnda - so sorry to hear about your Mom. How awful, especially the suddenness of it all, and the Christmas season. My Mom died a few weeks before Christmas and it was horrible. Took years before Christmas became bearable again. Glad that our little Cairn cards can bring a tiny bit of cheer. Also, I realize I misspelled your name on the envelope. Oy!

id love to join in the card sending but i have too much on my plate to be reliable in actually sending them.. so Merry Christmas to all and your families, uprights and furrys. :) Season's Blessings from my family to yours. :)

One awesome husband plus, 4 kids, 2 fur babies (also known as dogs!) 2 turtles and one cat = one wonderful life!!

AGH!! Spent 20 minutes messing with a "set" for Taz's backdrop and we completely failed!!!

So I opted for free range photos and that's what we ended up with. :)

LOVE the cards we got so far. What a festive group of canines!! JOY!!

Edited by TazTalk

The mailman came to the door yesterday and hand delivered the past week's worth of mail (mailbox hopefully going up today). Since we haven't changed our address with the USPS yet, it was one item from the electric company, one piece of junk mail and seven cairn cards! What fun!!! Mine will be super duper behind schedule - hoping to get our xmas tree up today and do a photo shoot of some sort tonight if I can clear enough boxes to get a decent shot or two!