CairnTalk

Cairn Christmas Card Exchange 2012

beccadiane374

Since this tradition is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season, I had to bring it up! :)

For those new members, please feel free to join the fun! Every year, those of us who wish to, engage in a Christmas card exchange...it is one of most fun things of the season! Cards generally include a picture of the cairn (but do not have to) and it is wonderfully fun!

If you wish to be a part, please email me all of the following information:

Your Name (first & last)

Cairn(s) Name

Full Addres

Email Address

How many Cards you would like to send (i.e., all, 10, 20, whichever) For reference, it seems that in the past, "all" is generally an average of 25-35

Also, indicate if you are willing to send cards out of the US

Please make the title of your email "Cairn Christmas Cards". My email address is: beccadiane374@yahoo.com. Please have the information to me by Nov 16 and I will try to get it all back to you by Thanksgiving.

I've attached one of Tanner's pics from last year, as well as a picture of some of the cards from last year. I thought I had a second picture of cards, but I've misplaced it.

post-4074-0-31237000-1351205110_thumb.jp

post-4074-0-71828400-1351205124_thumb.jp

Edited by beccadiane374
  • Like 1
Becky & Tanner

Last christmas was so sad and cairn-less. I'm thrilled to a) have a cairn in my life again and B) exchange cards with all you cairn folks once again! For those of you newer folks around here, I think the first card exchange was my first year in cairn-dom...xmas 2006. Does that sound right?

Definitely count me in. I just e-mailed my info to you.

Now I'm psyched for the holidays, thinking of all those Cairn cards coming in the mail!

Hope I can still join this year, even though I'm cairnless. My dad (85) just ask me about it last week! I have kept everyone since I joined this forum...

Sassy just signed up and wants to know if she can use the tramp photo from the other post. Amazingly she thought she looked pretty good. I'll tell her that she will need to tone it down a little for Christmas. :nono:

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Cannot wait. It is one of my favorite holiday "traditions."

I will never forget the person from our new years eve party who said, looking at all the cards lining our stairway bannister:

"All of your friends seem to have the same kind of dog you do." Ya think?

I just told Allie and T to start practicing their smiles...a photo session is coming.

• Like 1

Sassy just signed up and wants to know if she can use the tramp photo from the other post. Amazingly she thought she looked pretty good. I'll tell her that she will need to tone it down a little for Christmas. :nono:

Yes, and then you mail them with a tramp stamp!

• Like 1

Sassy, Dempsy thinks that maybe, since it's Christmas, Buffy might help you clean up a little for your Christmas photo. If you ask her nicely.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie, so could somebody explains how this goes and what I should do? That'd be greatly appreciated. And this sounds like a fun tradition.

post-6035-0-59018800-1351305622_thumb.jp

post-6035-0-32477900-1351305624_thumb.jp

post-6035-0-43701600-1351305625_thumb.jp

post-6035-0-69743000-1351305626_thumb.jp

post-6035-0-85969000-1351305627_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Alvintran...these are wonderful. And you will discover that the people here (human and nonhuman alike) will tell you pics

are not just for the exchange cards! Welcome.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I will never forget the person from our new years eve party who said, looking at all the cards lining our stairway bannister:

"All of your friends seem to have the same kind of dog you do." Ya think?

Ummm, yep. :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

@ Alvintran... If you want to be in the Christmas Card exchange you send the information that Beccadiane requested to her email. If you want to do all that joins tell her or if say you just want to do 10 or just the ones in the United States or just the ones Outside of the states. Make sure you get the information to her by November 16, some time after Nov. 16 she will email you a list with however many you chooses names and addresses on them ( I did all last year and loved it) Then you can order, or make your Christmas Cards and send them out. You can use any Christmas Card you wish. Some uses pictures of their Cairns, Some sends pictures with their cards, and some just send a Cairn themed card.

If you decide to do all, some live outside of the US I took mine to the post office to make sure I got the postage right, I had never mailed anything outside the US so it was a lot of fun for me. Some mail theirs early and some late I was recieving Christmas Cards last year from the first week in December until just before New Years. It is a lot of fun and I highly recommend to everyone!

I can't wait!!

I haven't been on the forum the last week or so, but you can be sure I signed up as soon as I read this thread! These are always so much fun. Hmmm...now I have to put my thinking cap on for this year's photo shoot!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't checked in for a looonnnggg time, but I came here looking for this thread! Yay! The kids and I have been talking for weeks about how we want to do our Divot card this year!

Great to hear from you, tomatosandwich! I was just thinking about you and Divot the other day. Didn't he pose in front of a plate of cookies for last year's card?

Yes, hheldorfer, he was with a plate of cookies last year!

Thanks, Lynn, for saying hello! We've missed folks on here. I hope I can manage to check in regularly again.

I would have loved to join in with this again as I loved the cards I got but the cost of postage from UK has gone up so much that it makes it an expensive occupation. So sorry folk you wont be getting a card from UK this year. However, at the right time I will post my greetings on the Forum.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk