CairnTalk

It's here.

Dempsy's Mom

We woke up to it this morning. I thought Dempsy would be excited to see it. But it must be that he is aging - he just looked out at this white wet stuff and gave his body a little shake. I told him that's just how I feel. Brrrrr and we went back inside. I took a pic, but I can't find my USB cord. More stuff is forecasted. Makes us want to take a nap. Anybody else have it?

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Wow! White stuff already?? Every few years we might get it in October, but it's usually just a coating, and it's only every few years.

No, what the news is full of is the hurricane, which may or may not hit here for a week! Must run out and get water, bread, TP, and of course, dog treats!

Makes us want to take a nap.

We don't need any encouragement to zonk out on the couch over here!

Edited by Zekey's Mom

Yup, looked out the window during a meeting this morning, and IT was coming down, fairly heavy. Of course. Right on time. Hasn't rained in weeks, and now snow. The roofers were supposed to tear off our roof tomorrow and start to put on the new one. Shingles got delivered yesterday.

I am more worried about how much the roofers will upset the dogs than I am about the snow though.

It was well above seasonal temperatures here today at 25C (77F) but they're calling for snow next week. Crazy how the weather can be so different from one week to the next. Guess it's time to dust off the shovels.

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Ahhhh, the joys of living in Florida!

IT is a distant memory that I care not to remember anytime soon. Give me my palm tress and sandy beaches and shorts all year round, except when it gets below 70, then I need a sweater with my shorts... :confused:

Poor Demps...pack his speedo, sunscreen and ship him south!

No white stuff here, yet, but Kelly, my Sons, and I are patiently waiting. I hope we get a decent snow this year. I would like to see how Kelly likes it. It was 78 here today, but next week will be in the 40's and 50's in the daytime and 30's at night.

We got about 3 inches last night and are expecting around 7 tonight. Addie is beside herself with joy. She HATES rain, but thinks snow is the greatest thing in the entire world.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

You can keep IT! We had some storms tonight and a quick dive in the temperature, but we haven't seen IT yet and I hope we won't see IT for a while.

I get the shivers just thinking about IT.

I hope we have a lot of it this year! We didn't get much last year so Attila hasn't experience too much yet, but the little he did he loved. I can't wait to see Attila and Tessa running around in the back yard in it!

My motto is: If it's going to be cold, it better be SNOWING!!!!

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Here in the North Central PA mountains we are expecting rain and winds from the hurricane and snow from the cold front - arriving next Tues they say.

Angus longs for snow - me not so much! He loved it when he was a baby last winter.

Darn Demps, can we blame you for the white stuff outside this morn, because your mom talked about it yesterday ? Well hope the weatherman is right this time and we get back up to 60's next week, we are not ready to store the golf clubs yet!!!

We're hunkered down waiting for the "Perfect Storm", Sandy. My work management had a special

meeting urging us not to drive to work if any safety issues at all are in question.

They had everyone establish contact information online for a post-storm call-tree,

I guess to make sure people are alive.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Bailey & Radar would like to order some of IT - they love to play in IT. Me...umm...not so much :blush:

To everyone on the east coast -- stay safe!

Edited by Hawkeye

Sounds as if you are going to have a rough time on the East Coast with this hurricane/storm so I hope you all stay safe and well!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Sounds as if you are going to have a rough time on the East Coast with this hurricane/storm so I hope you all stay safe and well!

Ditto. Everyone out East stay in touch (if you can, given possible power outages) and keep your furkids close.

Ditto for the east coast well wishes. And yes Idaho 2 if it makes you feel better you can blame us - misery loves company.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori