CairnTalk

Jock and his new sister Rosie

Sam I Am

We drove 12 hours across two provinces to get our new baby Scottie girl Rosie. Jock came with us on the trip (he is such a good traveller!) as we thought it best that he meet her on neutral grounds. Rosie was in the crate and Jock lying beside her. Love at first... not. We made four stops on the way home for potty and stretching of the legs and all went well. At home now and Jock isnt overly thrilled about sharing his home with this 8 week old fur ball but Rosie is smart and every time he snarls or she gets to close and Jock reacts by telling her to back off, she does. I cant believe how little they are when only 8 weeks old! :wub: How soon we forget! I dont know if he will ever play with her as he really is a grumpy old man, but who knows perhaps a few weeks from now when he realizes she is part of our family pack things might change. After all small Scotties grow into big sturdy Scotties with huge teeth and its best that peace reigns!

WIll try to post some pictures but I must admit I am pretty useless in that department.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Congrats! I'm sure Jock and Rosie will work it out. Even a grumpy ol' man's heart must eventually melt at the sight of a lovely little gal? Such fun days ahead watching her grow and learn new things (from you and Jock)!

WIll try to post some pictures but I must admit I am pretty useless in that department.

No excuse! Get on the horn (as my Dad says) and call someone over to help you. (I'm a bossy thing when it comes to PUPPY PICTURES!!) :D

We want to see the puppy!!

• Like 2

Congratulations and welcome to Rosie. Such a cute name!

Yep! We need pics. There must be some way.

Enjoy your new friend - that's the most important thing!

Edited by Hillscreek

Agree...Jock will work out his "grumpy" state of mind. Rosie will learn what he tolerates and what he does not. You are the one who has quite a job ahead...equal time with both one on one. And make sure Rosis is tired out properly...to REST!! Jock to get extra hugs, etc. I also agree....go get someone to help with posting pics!!! NEED PICS OF PUPPIES!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I'm sure Rosie will wiggle her way into Jock's heart eventually. And, if you don't post pics, we're all going to show up at your house to meet the puppy. :P

• Like 1

Congrats on the arrival of your Rosie! I think your grumpy old man will come around with, but in the meantime Rosie got Jocks message...smart girl. I am not going to ease the pressure on you thou, we want pictures of both Rosie and Jock!!!!

Lynn, I give Jock about three days before he wakes up and says, "Now this is fun!" and the romp starts around your place.

Lynn, I give Jock about three days before he wakes up and says, "Now this is fun!" and the romp starts around your place.

The clock is ticking. We'll see come Friday about this time. :whistle:

TL. Congratulations on Rosie.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I hope so Idaho! Today Jock actually nipped her causing a lot of screaming puppy sounds. I didn't interfere but it was difficult. Also Rosie got her first few lessons this evening that you don't nip and growl at your humans. Ahhh terriers....You gotta love them ...right?

Jock is also very concerned in regards to my DH playing with Rosie and actually nipped my DH ! Of course he was in big trouble and banished from the room. As you can all gather our house is in an uproar at the moment.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Congrats on the new addition! Do you think Jock nipping your DH was him protecting Rosie?

Based on my experience with two, the first couple of weeks were a bit stressful for everyone. But, once we all got in the groove of the new routine and Jagger realized Eddie wasn't going anywhere things became easier. One year later we're one happy family.

I'm sure you'll have some interesting days ahead while everyone finds their way but I bet everyone adapts in no time! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Congrats! I love that name

We had a few hairy days with 12 yr old Gypsy and puppy Taz. But nothing major at all and then the stress turned into a neutral zone and then the play and hanging out together began. And they lived happily ever after ;)

Hmmm No puppy pics yet...

I agree NO EXCUSES on a few pics with Rosie & Jock. Any kid can pop on a pic with no problems - darn kids. That's how Jock is feeling. :) "That darn kid Rosie thinks she's so smart.". I think Jock has a right to be jealous. Give Jock a special walk, a hug and a treat. And Rosie - a little pat on the butt. Enjoy!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Woof! Malcolm here. Jock you need to think this out buddy. You can put Rosie to good use. She will get a lot of puppy toys and treats. You are bigger older and wiser so it won't be a problem getting them away from her. The uprights will give her more. You need to work this to your advantage it could be a real bonanza.

You can blame things on her too. If they find a chewed up pillow there is no way they will think it was you. Want to really get her in trouble? Go pee on the kitchen floor.

I agree the uprights should get a good nip or two. They need to be reminded you are still the boss and that they better not do this again.

• Like 2

Bwaa haa haa! Oh Malcolm, you're what my Mom called my best friend in high school - a "bad influence". :D

This reminds me of when I brought my little Kimmy home to my Benny. Benny loved her at first and then later on that night, he realized she was staying. It took about 2 weeks for him to come around and they are inseparable now. But at first, whenever Kimmy would try to snuggle up to Benny, he would growl at her. It was kind of sad, but like I said, he loves her now.

oh my....I'd be beside myself if this was my house. I do hope things work out and I presume it will take time for Jock to adjust to the new addition. Poor little Rosie has no idea of what went on before she arrived. Now...let's talk about taking pictures. I'm sure there are tons of people only to willing to help you out on how to post them. We NEED puppy pictures as you very well know. We need to share in the excitement - after all we are all family here and we need to ohhh and ahhh.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Will attempt the picture thing when I can get a good one of Jock and Rosie side by side. All in all I am very proud of both dogs...Rosie is very smart and is very submissive with jock which is a good thing. The first day at home was hairy..a lot of snarling that got a little bit out of control..he nipped her. Scared the ****out of me.lots of howling from Rosie. But it's getting better each day. Jock is fantastic with her out in the yard, in the house he isn't as tolerant, but its getting better. I don't know if he will ever play with her , which she really wants to do , but we will see. She is an amazing puppy and hasn't once peeped or pooped over night in her crate which opens up into her x pen. And she is only 81/2 weeks old. Already her fierce little Scotty heart is becoming apparent ..when Jock barks or growls because he hears something, she stands rigid, little tail curled over her back and thinks she has Jocks back :) love them both to death!

• Like 1

Attila never peed or pooed in his crate, ever, we got him at 8 weeks. Tessa on the other hand................

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)