CairnTalk

Well, I went to a shelter......

Fudgie

After staying so sad after losing my Fudgie this past June, I finally went to a shelter. I went to look at one (the dark one) and came home with two! Sorry they are not a cairn, but they do have terrier in them! I still want a cairn, but these two needed me, or vice versa. They were buddies at the shelter and I didn't have the heart to seperate them! Meet Zuma (white) and Asia (dark). Lots of laughs again in our home. Now, I need advice on seperation issues, when I leave...I'm the problem, not the dogs! How do you guys do it?

These two came from the Dogwood Animal Shelter in Osage Beach, MO. This is the nicest, clesnest friendliest shelter I have ever seen.. the little dogs get to be loose and socialize and play with everyone. Very nice people and place.

Oh, can I still come here to this site? Hee hee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9640BkWq28

Guess I'm too excited, can't figure out how to attach video from Photobucket. I'll try a little later. Sorry!

VIDEO0081.mp4

Edited by Fudgie
  • Like 1

Congratulations on getting back on the bike. I know it's tough thinking that you might be disprespecting Fudgie, but Fudgie would be happy for you.

Those two just don't sit still do they? Try to get pics of their faces. Also hold you camera phone sideways.

As long as Sassy is settled in, when I leave for work, I don't give it much thought throughout the day, other than to be home by a certain time. She sleeps the whole time. I also have an internet camera to keep an eye on her when I want to check.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Same applies to Cairn owners in my opinion, always welcome.

I think your tags for the video are actually for a still image. Brad will probably fix it when he reads this.

Happy for you, Zuma and Asia.

Edited by remltr

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Sorry, we don't have a working embed code for Photobucket (youtube, vimeo, google, facebook videos sometimes work).

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/killinsnakes/?action=view&current=VIDEO0081.mp4

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Awww...congratulations on your two new additions!! Can't wait to see pictures. I'm Cairnless since Lindy died last month. This is a happy place to be for me.

When you are gone throughout the day, just stop and take a few deep breaths and picture them snoozing away. You have two fur babies who are no doubt in heaven,

as we speak, that you took them under your wing.

SO happy for you and your new fur family!!! I'm sure you'll have many happy times together. It's really sweet that the pair got to stay together. And how nice is it now, when you come home, to be greeted by wiggly butts and wagging tails? Enjoy!!!

So very happy for you that you got those two and so happy for them that they got you!

They definitely have SOME terrier. You mostly video taped the grass... LOL those two wont hold still for nothing! They look so happy!

(null)

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Congrats on your new additions! They look full of energy and fun. Yes, we need some still photos. My eyes aren't that good, and as fast as they move, all I can see are zooming white and black balls of fur. :D

It is so nice and generous of you to get both of them since they were already buddies! I know you will have a lot of fun days ahead!

Two little furry ones will make your life brighter again. They will keep each other company while you are away so don't worry.

Fudgie will always have his own special place in your heart forever.

Congrats!!! LOVED hearing the laughter!! They are WONDERFUL!! :hug: You better KEEP posting and coming to this site!! Once in the Cairn family ALWAYS in the Cairn family!! Keep pictures with you of them...videos like you have now. Talk about them to others.

Question: Do you know what kind of dogs Asia and Zuma are? Or should I ask what are ALL the types of dog they resemble? ;) How old are they? And they sure have a LOT of energy don't they?!!!

Asia and Zuma truly look like two of the happiest dogs in the world. What a wonderful thing you did, keeping them together. :hug:

Please, please, please keep checking in and let us know how they're doing!

Neat to see those two frolic about after being rescued from the shelter--it sure reinforces why taking a dog out of that environment is so special--all those wonderful animals given an new chance to live life fully. Good for you--it takes a great, great heart to make that commitment to these wonderful creatures. Keep the pictures coming.

Well, you must be my neighbor because we donate to Dogwood Animal Shelter yearly and have gotten several dogs from them for family members! Yes, they're a great no-kill shelter and the people working there are wonderful. I'm always on the watch for Cairns there. I'm just north in Lake Ozark.

Zuma and Asia are really cute and they really do look like best buddies. I love watching dogs roll and wrestle around, just makes you happy. So glad you've added to your family and have the laughs going again.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Very very sweet...they now have a wonderful life with you. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Congratulations!!!!!!!! They are so cute!!!! More pictures!!!!

Laughter is the best!!

So happy for you!!!!

(gosh, was that enough exclamation points?)

Congratulations on your new furbabies. So happy they will not be separated, they really do have a blast together. Can't wait to see more pictures and, of course, you have to stay on with us.

this is the perfect adoption, the kind of thing that people running shelters and rescue agencies dream of. you will all be happy together. bless you.

Can't see the vid. I will try on the other computer. Congrats! That is great news! So happy that you kept them together.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• 3 weeks later...

I know that it is hard to move on and get another dog, but bless you for saving these two wonderful dogs. They now have a wonderful life because you opened your heart again. congratulations!!! have fun

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives