CairnTalk

Gus's Dad Will

Islander

I know this topic is primarily for our dogs, but since Brad memorialized a loved and respected human, I thought I would say a few words about my companion, Will. He was a true lover of dogs, and he was the one who found a Cairn breeder for me and kept bugging me - "Have you called her yet?" - until I did. He supported me through the pain and sorrow of losing my first Cairn, Oscar, to a congenital brain defect, and then shared all the troubles and joys I've experienced with Gus. He and Gus were best buddies - Gus loved our sleepovers and our road trips together. Every time we leave my house, Gus looks over to Will's house and wants to go there. Will used to complain jokingly that all I talked about was Gus, but his out of town family told me when they talked he was always telling stories about Gus.

I have been keeping up with the forum but haven't had the heart to post anything. This happened within a space of two months and I am still in shock. But the antics of everybody's Cairns still bring a smile to my face. Just wanted you all to know I am still here.

Here are a couple of photos.

post-4576-0-65095900-1348948583_thumb.jp

post-4576-0-93974600-1348948598_thumb.jp

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain, but I know that only time seems to help with the loss of a loved one. I'll be praying for you.

My heart aches for you at the lost of your Will. I am so glad you have Gus. Nothing anyone can tell you will ease the pain but time. None of us are immuned to these tragedies but please know that because of that we all deeply feel your loss.

Hug Gus tightly .

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I am truly sorry for you and Gus's loss.

Those are some beautiful pictures of Will and Gus.

My heart ached at the mention of this news.

(null)

Edited by DemiSheep

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Perfect place to post a rememberance of this nature. All those who appreciate or have appreciated Cairns should be appreciated in these forums. Hopefully the posts here will help you and thru you, Gus, get past this terrible time--keep reading and keep sharing knowing that we care and wish you a gentle and rapid healing for your pain.

Sometimes there's too much pain in life for a person to bear alone. That's why we're here with lots of shoulders to cry on. You and Gus are in my thoughts and prayers.

Helene

I'm very sorry for your loss. He sounded like a wonderful friend to you and Gus. I believe your both missing him. It sounds like you were there for him as he was for the both of you.

you've written before here of will and his love for, delight in, gus. we are terribly sorry for your loss. will was as much a part of our family as you and gus are. i hope you and gus will be a comfort to each. my deepest condolences.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate this community so much. I was so relieved to be able to log on just now after the site was closed today...

I have a lot of support, but not everyone thinks about Gus. I really wonder what he "thinks" or notices. I know he has been super attentive to me and is letting me hug him a lot. He's always been a lap dog but is extra cuddly...inside. Outside - the squirrels are really active just now, so is Gus.

Walking him is good therapy and Mt. Doug Park is my spiritual place.

You are all so kind.

• Like 2

Islander, we are sending our deepest condolences to you and Gus as you mourn Will's passing. No doubt both of you now have a very special angel to watch over you every day. Will's gentle and loving soul is evident in the photos you shared.

Sending hugs to you and Gus,

Melissa

Thinking of both you and Gus. Glad that Will prodded you toward Cairns. Glad that Will was a part of both you and Gus's life - so very sorry for you loss. We are sending both you and Gus a hug. Do you feel it?

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I got goosebumps reading the topic and looking at the pictures. My heart does feel something. I am so sorry for what happended, unfortunately I don't know what I would do if I lost my dog, nonetheless a friend in real life. So you're a very strong and heart filled person with great spirit to make a topic like this. I applaud you.

God bless your heart

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

So very sorry on the loss of your Will. The photos are lovely -- looks like he and Gus were best buds. May happy memories and a wiggly Gus comfort you.

I am so sorry for your loss. Will was a special person, hang onto the wonderful memories. Big hugs to both you and Gus during this difficult time.