CairnTalk

Layla is Two Years old today!

pindrop

I can remember the morning we were leaving to pick her up. It was November 19, 2010 and a cold morning but neither of us felt the coolness in the air as we were so excited to finally be bringing home our little "teddy bear." Most of you who have been here a while remember our journey and all the pictures we have posted of her along with her antics. Well...I just wanted you all to know that she landed up being that "laid back" little girl I originally wanted. It's taken two years to get to this stage - but it was all worth it. She is the light of our lives and we are so happy. So...today she turns two and needless to say we will be doing things that she likes to do. We will head out into the forest for a long walk, then over to the pet store to buy her favorite toy - tiny tennis balls to be capped off with a wonderful chicken, carrots and kibble later. Thanks to everyone who have helped us on this journey.

post-5021-0-53897900-1347627327_thumb.jp

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Hey Layla.Just wished you a Happy Birthday on the UK forum.

Glad to do it again here. :cake:

She's such a cutie. Hopefully there will be many more joyful celebrations to come.

Yes, I remember the little princess from 2 years ago and now the picture of the queen that she has turned into. Layla you are a sweetie and it sounds like a wonderful day ahead for you. :cake: Happy Birthday Princess Layla!! :cake:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

They grow up so fast.. Love her little face! Happy birthday Layla :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Happy birthday Layla! I hope you and your uprights have a lovely day celebrating.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

When we were learning more about Cairns I hung out on this forum for months before joining. I was paying close attention to your post. Who better to stalk on the posts than someone who was getting a puppy. I was as excited about your puppy as you were, almost. haha It is hard to believe it has been 2 years. So to the little girl who made it almost impossible for us to have to wait for our puppy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I hope you have many more Layla.

• Like 1

The song Layla came on the radio on the drive home from work earlier this week. My first thought was, "Oh, there's a dog named after this song."

Happy Birthday, Miss Layla! I hope you have many more years of adventures that you share with us.

Who rescued whom?

Happy birthday Layla! I remember when you were first going to get her pindrop. It was only 3 months or so after we brought home Fearghus. It's so sweet to see her growing up into the beautiful dog that she is today. Hope your special day is a good one.

Cheers,

Tami

And I even remember those first pictures of the little dear staring out the window of your home and something about hiding under a couch! Those were the days my friend and....we KNOW they will never end! More pups, more nervous owners, more waiting, more wondering, and then, and then all the joy of putting the work and worry aside and just enjoying the dog. Happy birthday Layla, like so many puppies you have brought happiness to us all.

Buffy and Ziggy send warm birthday wishes to Her Majesty, Princess Layla. :) Gosh, it seems like only yesterday that you were counting the days until you could pick her up. Hard to believe she's a grown-up girl now!