CairnTalk

Terrier Party

kjwarnold

We had a Terrier Party at our house yesterday. We ended up with 12 2-leggers and 10 4-leggers in all. That's 8 Cairns, a Boston Terrier and a Lab. Whew, what a day! They played on the beach, learned how to swim and how to fish, and barked at the ducks who swam around teasing them. Packy and Kirby are related to all the Cairns who came! Packy's litter brother and sister were here, as well as Kirby's dad, sister and niece. Packy is their uncle. Our breeder has a close-knit group of people who have adopted Cairns from her and we've really kept in touch and supported each other. What fun it was to see how our dogs were alike in looks and actions. For example, Packy's sister has exactly the same tail, and he and his brother act just alike -- crate potatoes! Kirby and his sister (different litters) played like puppies and it was so much fun to see them wrestle and run. When they both teamed up against the Lab, it was hilarious!

It was a great time and all dogs went home completely worn out!

Edited: I tried to put in the link to the album but Photobucket was being weird. There are 7 pictures in all)

2012-09-02Fishing.jpg

2012-09-02_19-02-22_3.jpg

Edited by kjwarnold
  • Like 5
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

OMG! That many terriers all in one fun place...and related to boot?! I understand about the siblings playing

happily. Even though Teddy and Sweet Pea had been separated almost 4 years when we adopted Sweet

Pea, they were immediately sympatico. Thanks for the play-by-play and the pics! :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Fun, Fun, Fun - what a family reunion. Is that Packy in the first pic trying to fish while everyone else is bouncing around? Beautiful dogs - we would of loved to of been there. Maybe the other pics will post later.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

My dogs would love your place! I'm sure Sammi would ruin the fishing however, she gets in the water and won't leave it so poor Packy would have to stare in frustration as she drove off his prey. Nice looking gaggle of Cairns, how were your neighbors with all the activity?

Of course that's Packy in the fishing picture! He could care less if there were 30 other dogs running around, he's focused on the fish. Neighbors were warned ahead of time but there was no worry on their part; they love dogs! And fish are used to dogs in the water, so they just swim right around and under them. I've seen Packy almost do a summersault trying to get one that swam between his legs.

Wow what a fun time that looks to be! Great to be able to compare related cairns and have a support system built in like that.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Buffy was a little miffed that she wasn't invited. I told her that her invitation must have been lost in the mail. :whistle:

(She has always been hot for Packy.)

• Like 1

Dear Buffy,

I would have invited you but Mom wouldn't let me. She said it was just for "family!" You know I'd rather it was all cool 'girls' like you. I'm mean, my niece came down from Chicago so you could have caught a ride with her. Next time, for sure!

Your Friend,

Packy

Dear Packy,

Let me know the date for next year. I'll be waiting for my ride at the front door, with my kibble and treats packed. I like to swim and it would be great if you could teach me how to fish. I'm going to start dieting right now so I'll look good in a bikini. (Well, on second thought, maybe that diet can wait 'til next week . . . )

Licks,

Buffy

Dear Buffy,

My niece, Ellie, brought a bikini to the party but then didn't wear it because she thought it made her butt look big. Kirby told her that, but he's her little brother and you know what they're like. I think it was rather festive for Labor Day, but we usually just swim naked down here in the Ozarks!

2012-09-02_09-52-05_991.jpg

Your Friend,

Packy

• Like 5

Ellie, the bathing beauty, and I went to the party & had a fantastic time! It's amazing how well behaved all of the cairns were... In one way or another all of our dogs are related. it was so fun to talk about their common behaviors & how they look. It is so amazing that Ellie was able to see her dad 5 yrs later!

So could we just have a Cairn Talk Forum reunion next year down there at Packy's? Hint hint!

Allie and T Bone

Boy oh boy, wouldn't that be just the ticket!

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg