CairnTalk

Hurricane Isaac

SARpartner

I am very happy to report that my two Cairn boys were very well behaived durring hurricane Isaac.

Zekey's Mom - Thanks for the good wishes. We were amoung the fortunate who did not flood. Our home was not damaged. We lost power but have generators that kept us from losing the contents of our freezer and refrigerator. It also prevented us from suffering in the heat.

I could not have asked for better behavior from Dusty and Duncan! They were calm throughout the entire storm. When something bumped there was an unusual noise they would alert and "guard" me but would go back to sleep as soon as I told them it was okay. No uncontrollable barking. Surprisingly the whistling, rushing winds didn't seem to bother them. After two and a half days of almost no outside time, only occasional potty runs during a lull in the storm, they were very thankful to finally get out to play. They were all over the place checking out all the new smells the storm brought.

I do think the boys will be a bit disapointed when I go back to work Tuesday. They were starting to really enjoy all the extra attention.

While we were VERY lucky, please say an extra prayer or two for those who did not fare so well on the gulf coast.

• Like 3

I have been praying for those in affected area since before it started and will continue to do so.

I am so glad you and your family are ok and that your home is ok. Some areas look really bad on the news. I hope things will improve.

I WAS concerned about you guys, and very happy to hear from you! With all of the news reports, it was difficult to tell just where was getting flooded. Good to know that your house stayed dry, and that Dusty and Duncan were troopers! :) Glad to hear about the generators also. They say the heat is brutal!

• Like 1

Sorry I couldn't post earlier Zekey's Mom. We didn't have internet service and were trying to keep smart phone usage to a minimum.

It is very bad in some areas and they are watching a river that might cause additional flooding. We shouldn't be affected by the river rise.other than working the emergency net.

Glad you and your brave boys are ok.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley