CairnTalk

Relish the Day!

Dempsy's Mom

post-4719-0-60304100-1345301111_thumb.jp

Poor old Digger is slowing down. She's 13. Yesterday Dempsy and I were going to deliver some chemical to Jim - only a couple miles away. Old Dig was wondering around as I loaded the pickup (I think she feels left out because Dempsy always gets to go and she never gets to go) and I said, "Ya know Dig, it's been a while since you've went for a ride. Should we get off this old farm for a while?" And she was so happy to ride in back of the little Ford. That's the only pickup that she feels comfortable in. I couldn't help but snap a pick of their happy sweet faces. All I see when I look at this pic is - relishment.

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I know. Seems like everything is dangerous these days and no you shouldn't be taking a picture while driving down the highway, but there was just as much traffic in front of me as what you see behind me. .... if that helps. Thank God I live in South Dakota and even SD is getting to fast of paced for me.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

There will always be "thou shalt not's" in our lives but as you say "Relish the Day!" Love the picture, love the dogs, love the thought.

That is a great picture! I love it. I use to try to follow all safety recommendations, but over the years I have decided that life is to short to live it in a bubble. I am a little more free in living now, I was miserable while trying to live in the protective bubble. It is nice to sometimes let your hair down (so to speak) and have a life. Is it more dangerous, maybe, Is it more fun, definitely!

I would have taken the picture too. I am also finding that Tennessee is moving a little to fast for me. I miss the simpler life with less safety concerns. haha

I bet we are of the same era Lynn. Poor old Dig doesn't jump anymore and she is quite a lug to get up in the pickup, but she is happy when we master it. She is such a gentle giant and so good to Dempsy that she needs special attention once in a while. I am sure she is pretty sick of seeing Dempsy riding off all the time and she has to stay home.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I love the picture!! It reminds so much of Ivy and my poor old golden Mason. Ivy always goes on errands to pick up kids, etc... Mason on the other hand, can't get in the car anymore without me lifting him. It is quite an ordeal so usually he has to stay at home. I find myself sneaking Ivy out when I leave-somehow I think Mason doesn't know but he does. That picture is so precious. The two of them together going for a ride-you will be so glad to have that picture.