CairnTalk

Orange, purple poka-dot pig

Dempsy's Mom

It rained! We received 1" 2/10's this morning. It was a blessing indeed - the corn will be small cobs, but they should fill now. So, since it rained, I decided it was carpet shampooing day. Hate the job. Only happens about once a year. As I was moving furniture I was so surprised to see Dempsy's little orange poka-dot pig!! He was nicely tucked away in the corner of the room, under the chair and unscathed none-the-less. He is a cheap little squeaky that I bought several months back and I thought for sure he would be gone in seconds. I was surprised when Demps kept him around for a day and then I forgot about him, but evidently Demps didn't.

Dempsy was horrified that I found him. He has been looking for a new home for him all day today. Demps hates the damp carpet so I think the little pig will have to be a nomad for today. Demps did not squeak him or play with him. He is just carrying him around with this desperate look on his face. "Sorry Demps! Didn't mean to upset things."

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Kelly gets that look when we find something we're not suppose to find. haha

I am glad you had some rain today, and hope what happened to our area doesn't happen to you all. Talk about going from one extreme to another. Floods floods and more floods. My husband has been out of work because the place that he works had 1 1/2 feet of water. Today was his first day back, since thursday of last week. It flooded so bad in one area that it lifted a house off its foundation and set it in the middle of the road. So if any of you are missing rain ( like we were in June) go to wcyb.com or wjhl.com and you can see the photos of the flood. Thank God our home is safe. Poor Kelly hasn't been walking very much lately so we have just played a lot more inside.

I truly hope everyones weather gets better.

I love the pictures of Demps. Keep them coming and give him a hug for me.

Addie gets the same look on her face and begins the desperate attempt to find a new hiding place. Except Addie usually "hides" her bully sticks in the corner of the couch. Not behind a cushion, not under a blanket, just plopped in the corner.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Poor Dempsy!! I know how much cairns like their hiding spots.

Some of Tessie's favorite toys are small foam balls about the size of golf balls. She stalks them like they are vermin. I will throw her the yellow one and she runs behind the couch and comes out with the green one. Tessie Houdini.

Now you've done it, Lori! You tore the very fabric of Dempsy's universe by moving the pig and Demps will be fretting about it for days. :P

I bet you ran outside to take a big whiff of that rain, didn't you?

Yes, I did. I stretched my arms and took a deep breath. I do feel bad for Lynn though, with flooding in Tennessee.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori