CairnTalk

Bonnie "Runs With the Big Dogs"

Idaho Cairns

All the dogs look as if they are enjoying themselves there! But Bonnie certainly was showing them what a cairn can do!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I love seeing Cairns hold their own with big dogs.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Idaho Cairns

After years of watching Cairns around larger dogs, I just don't think it even occurs to them that they are smaller--I've never seen a Cairn intimidated by larger dogs. It is all fun and games for Cairns and where ever the action is, they choose to be in on it.

This was all such fun, for no particular reason the dogs all started running around the trees, loop after loop in what appeared to be sheer joy. You might notice one of the dogs has a ball in its mouth as it is running.

You go Bonnie... Sammi perhaps is just to dignified :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

You go Bonnie... Sammi perhaps is just to dignified :)

The dog park really brings out the differences in dogs' personalities. Buffy and Ziggy are complete opposites when they're at the DP. Buffy runs, plays, charges the big dogs and generally goes wild while Ziggy finds a quiet, out-of-the-way place and sniffs to his heart's content.

GOLD MEDAL! !

Oh that was so much fun - it was just like being there! I love it when they take little short cuts and move those little legs as fast as they can. :D Great job Bonnie! Great job on the pics too! Very fun.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Your photos captured the pure joy of the dogs' play! This is exactly why I look forward to taking Ruffy to our dog run every day. We always stay longer than I intend to and always return home in great spirits.

As you described, "... for no particular reason the dogs all started running around the trees, loop after loop in what appeared to be sheer joy..." This happens all the time and it never fails to get the attention of all of us, including passers-by, who stop to watch and enjoy sharing the moment. Your photos also show the greatest benefits of the dog run — socialization and exercise.

Once again, you did a great job, Idaho!... I know because I've tried and failed to get photos of Ruffy running with his pals, but they move too fast for me. In addition to your good "eye" for capturing the action, you also have very sharp reflexes! :thumbsup:

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

FEAR THE CAIRN!

So happy that both Bonnie & Sammi have a place to go that, at least Bonnie, seemed to enjoy. Great pics as I was smiling with their antics.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

What fun pictures! Looks Bonnie is having a blast!

Just yesterday when I picked up Tanner from doggie daycare, they told me that he rules the yard...even the biggest dogs listen to him. :) That's one of the things I love about these guys...they have so much big dog attitude packed into their small dog bodies!

Becky & Tanner

Idaho Cairns

If you look at the first two pictures, Sammi is there running in the first couple of rounds but the other pictures captures Bonnie who was so caught up with the circling dogs that she went the full four or five circuits until the "event" stopped with the same abruptness that it started with. I always enjoy my Cairns because we never have to apologize for their behavior in a group--they either join in the fun or just do their own thing apart from the bunch. Bonnie, being small gets knocked around a bit as the bigger, clumsier dogs stumble over or jostle into her but she takes it all in stride, rolls back up and just keeps going with the flow.

Sanford, I'm not a particularly adept photographer but I recently managed to purchase a digital SLR that can shoot ten frames a second which makes capturing "action" shots pretty easy--it's alot of fun because you can catch some different pictures of the dogs than you normally get.

Edited by Idaho Cairns

Looks like Bonnie belongs in the Olympics! Pegi NEVER hangs around w/small dogs; she loves the big guys. I often tell people she thinks she's a St. Bernard.

Linda & Pegi