CairnTalk

I Told Him!

Tuesday

We have these amazing animals here in Florida called Gopher Tortoises. They are endangered and protected. They are beautiful and not really afraid to wander into your yard and eat some weeds or grass or cactus. They bother Murphy, because, well...because he's Murphy and everything bothers him.

Today we had a close encounter:

048.jpg

Then everyone within a 1 mile radius or so was treated to the Cairn Death Screech:

049.jpg

Then Gopher Tortoise went on his merry way (isn't he beautiful?):

052.jpg

No harm came to any tortoise, only to human ears. He was happy to mosey on his merry way and eat some weeds for me!

• Like 1

Awesome, very cool thanks for sharing this comical story. I have yet to hear a cairn scream other than videos...

(null)

• Like 1

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Great markings on that tortoise and how good that you have something natural to get rid of weeds!

Murphy obviously thought the tortoise was going to eat him as well as the weeds so had to warn him off!

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Too funny. We have a cement turtle in our yard. Last week, while looking out the window, my daughter starts yelling that Ivy has a turtle in her mouth. Sure enough, she is running with a turtle. Well, when we got out there, I realized that it was the 5lb. cement turtle that she was carrying around in her teeth. She really thought she had something special. At least Murphy was going after a real turtle. ;)

• Like 1

Cute story. Hmmmmm ..... Wonder which one would be faster in a race :)

Believe it or not, those tortoises are quick! We live in a greenbelt community, and when they barge through the greenbelt it sounds like an army marching through. They can beat it across the yard or street in no time flat.

Edited by Tuesday

Murphy's coloring is so beautiful! And those are some great pictures.

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I can't imagine what my guys would do if they saw a "rock" suddenly sprout legs and start moving!

Beautiful photos. Love Murphy's coloring.

• Like 1

Love the pics! They are so vivid and pretty. Murphy did have a good time telling Mr. Tort off - I can tell. Good for you Murphy! Looks like he was in attack mode.

Robby's turtle just seemed to pull his head in and waited till that awful little bark left. Good job Robby you sent him in his shell.

Love it when our cairns tell things off. Thanks for the pics & vid!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Thanks for the great pictures (and for the video of Murphy). Not that I'd want it to happen, but I wonder what a Cairn would do if he/she caught one of these guys. Probably think it was a giant Kong toy??