CairnTalk

Kelly Wants a Nilla Wafer

Lynn in TN

Kelly is so gentle when taking food from your hand. Notice how she steals one from Jakes hand when He's not looking.

Edited by Lynn in TN
  • Like 1

Sorry guys and gals, my internet went down as soon as I posted it and I couldn't check everything. I think I got it.

Adorable - she seems pretty small how much does she weigh? I know female cairns are smaller. But Tessa is so small! She weighed 11 pounds at the vet yesterday. Attila is currently 17 pounds.

(null)

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Kelly weighs about 13 lbs. Kelly has always been small. I'll be honest I thought she would be a bit bigger. I thought she would never reach 13 lbs, which didn't happen until she was a little over a year. In other words a few months ago. lol

Very cute! She was very sneaky stealing that cookie!

I noticed (or at least I think I did) that you are clicker training her on sit - great job at capturing the sit/click at the very moment. One thin you can do, if this is indeed what you are doing, is to say her name, then when she makes eye contact give her the command. That way you are assured that she has her attention on the command giver, not the prize.

Your son is a cutie too, btw!!!

The female cairns we've seen we're smaller than the males but not by a lot. Tessa was such a little puppy. I'd guess Kelly isn't full grown yet. It also seems that maybe Tessa and Kelly will end up the same size.

(null)

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Idaho Cairns

Yes, looking at Kelly took me back to just over two years ago when you, Lynn, were stressing about getting Kelly home, what she would look like, how she would behave in your home. I note with a great deal of joy that all those concerns have been laid to rest. She is just lovely to watch--a consummate manipulator of humans just as any good Cairn should be.

Love the bit where your son was distracted and she sneaked the biscuit out of his hand!! Kelly is very cute!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

We have never used a clicker. She has always done this since the first day we gave her a treat to do it. Most of the time you can't get her to sit for a treat because as soon as you show her one she goes to the down position immediately. She is so funny.

I was wanting to get a video of her begging which is what she was doing when I got out the camera. Then my sweet little son decides her wants to do tricks. I was trying to tell him to quit giving them to her. LOL Children and dogs never do what you want them to when the camera is out. haha

I loved it when she stole his cookie. The most priceless moment I didn't get on camera but I wished I could have. Jake made himself a sandwich one day and took it to the living room and sat it on a tv tray , went back to the kitchen to get his drink when he came back the sandwich was gone. He thought I took it! I said where's Kelly? She was hiding in the corner eating the last half of the sandwich. He could believe she had carried the whole sandwich and didn't loose any of the meat off of it. They are so funny.

• Like 1

Jake and Kelly make a great team. I also remember when you brought her home. Now she is all grown and is so gentle - yes a little gentle thief. Radar is also small and weighs about the same as Kelly, he will be turning 3 soon so I don't think he will bulk out too much more.

• 2 weeks later...