CairnTalk

Meet Cassie

volvoblue

Hi. I am new to this site. I was suppose to get a Cairn Terrier/poodle mix from a lady who was moving away and her new place would not accept dogs.

We were suppose to get her Tuesday and the lady backed out.

she called a few days later and we were to meet her today at 1 oclock. We did and we got our beautiful 4 year old girl.

She is so beautiful and that face is so sweet.

I'd like for you to meet the newest member of our family and new dog, Cassie

post-5977-0-53440300-1342909805_thumb.jp

Welcome! Cassie looks like a sweetheart and you're an angel for adopting her. Can't wait for more pics and stories!

Welcome to the Cairn Talk family Cassie!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

What a cutie. I am new here too and I am learning something about cairns every day. It is a great site with really knowledgeable members.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I took some pics of Cassie and our cat Fluff. Fluff is the king of the house. He not is only is not scared but, is letting Cassie know she's just a princess and not a queen - yet!

post-5977-0-52252900-1342974125_thumb.jp

post-5977-0-20111800-1342974138_thumb.jp

post-5977-0-95086800-1342974161_thumb.jp

post-5977-0-32664200-1342974266_thumb.jp

Cassie is settling in so easily. She jumped on us from the start and found her later being cautious when meeting new people. The same happened to my daughter when her and her husband got their dog. I guess they just know when they are going to be adopted and who is wanting to love them. Dogs.

She did not cry and rejected her old things like her blanket and bowls. Maybe starting fresh on a new life?

She seems happy and fully settling into being part of our family.

I've only had puppies before and so, do not know how older dogs behave when being separated from their owners to new owners.

another thing. she sorta reminds me of the Travelers insurance dog. The one who takes his bone to the bank. Smaller then him. But, just sorta reminds me of him.

She's a real cutie :) I've never had an older Cairn, I've always started with a puppy but I know lots of people that have and they tell me that they adapt very quickly.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Idaho Cairns

In my experience Cairns adapt well to change, the try to fit in to new environments with out a lot of fuss and bother. Just be aware that many of the uncomfortable behaviors you may see now will go away with time as Cassie adjusts.

I just realized that you're in Rockford - another Northern Illinoisan to add to the crowd!

I've had nothing but adult/adolescent rescued dogs for many years now, and they usually have no problem fitting in. Once in a while they'll do something odd - go into a room and refuse to leave it, for example, or reject their water/food until it's placed in the "correct" spot. There's no rhyme or reason to it; I've always thought it's just part of the move-in process for a dog.

Cassie's doing great and I can't wait for more stories and pictures as she assumes her Princess role in the household.