CairnTalk

Independence Day

Hillscreek

2012-06-29009-2-1.jpg

Angus is ready. Plans for a picnic, games, and -maybe- fireworks. We may watch from a distance!

Enjoy the day everyone :D

A patriotic pooch! Nice pic.

I'll be busy comforting Gavin. It's the only time he gets really close to me, almost sits on my lap. There will probably be neighborhood fireworks going off through the weekend.

Angus is such a striking young man! We'll be hunkered inside in the air conditioning with occasional trips outside, where Buffy will plop in her pool. No fireworks for us - Buffy's a big scaredy-cat when it comes to loud, booming noises.

Have a safe and happy 4th, everyone. B)

Everyone have a great day! Lucky for me als, Keira isn't afraid. She loves to go out on the patio when it is thundering and lighting to see what is going on. Love the picture and all of them. Wish i were able to send some.

We'll probably spend a few eves in the "man cave" downstairs watching movies until the festivities are over - both dogs hate loud noises...

We had a preview of the upcoming holiday last night, when the neighborhood kids lit fireworks til midnight. Then, just after finally getting to sleep, a big thunderstorm with lightning and hail hit...T Bone barks, Allie trembles.

Anyway, since the man cave is in the basement, it will be cool down there...

Perhaps we should watch "Independence Day?"

Happy 4th everyone! We usually take in a parade with Demps. I was thinking of moving our spot this year so I could take Dempsy's small rubber feed tub along and a gallon of water so he can lay in his little paradise during the parade. It is worth a hassel. It is so very hot. Usually cools off pretty good about 7:00 pm. Whatever it takes stay cool! Stay happy!

Oh yes - love the pic of Angus!!

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

This is Pegi's least favorite holiday - no gifts for her....and the dreaded fireworks. They started this weekend, with the largest displays in our city tonight. I think all of cairn nation will hear her barking around 10 PM EST tonight.....

Linda & Pegi

Happy 4th from your neighbor up north!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Angus is ready. Plans for a picnic, games, and -maybe- fireworks. We may watch from a distance!

Enjoy the day everyone :D

Great picture! For some reason someone (city of Annapolis?) already had a fireworks program

this evening. Couldn't see but heard. We were glad we keep the TV turned up

enough for canine folk not to become worried.

Happy Independance Day Everyone!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Happy 4th to everyone!

Because of the wildfires, not many fireworks are planned in Colorado, and personal fireworks are banned (here's hoping people listen). I'm not sure how Addie is with fireworks since this will be my first 4th with her. But she seems completely unfazed by loud noises, so I'm guessing she won't mind.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

It's Finn's 1st 4th and he's at attention, grumbling and growling at those fireworks. He's so funny, when he hears them he runs to the window, tail straight up, ears cocked and gives them the real low "you better watch it buster!" bark. So far he's not scared of a single thing, we've even only had one or two "that's out of place and I'm going to bark at it till I know what it is an why it is there" episodes. Huge difference from Currey who thought all papers pinned to the fridge were invading aliens! Such a self-assured little tough guy!

Happy 4th to everyone. Since it is raining slightly now and forecast for tonight is thunderstorms, I do hope it curtails the locals from setting fireworks off. Layla can be quite noisy and shows her displeasure if anything resembles a rumble.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Happy Independence Day! Malcolm is busy barking at all the fireworks. I went to pet him to maybe calm him down. So he sat down and let me pet him and kept on barking.

Hope everyone is coping with this heat wave that is going from coast to coast.

Wow still 92 at 10pm

Edited by IGotAHome

Just wanted to show you that it doesn't take much of a pool to cool them off.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

He really does enjoy his pools. Took this little tub to the parade with us along with a nice cool gallon of water and I was amazed how quickly the water warmed even with us in the shade. People commented on how spoiled he was.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Demps isn't spoiled, you are just a great mum!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie