CairnTalk

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Buffy, good thing you staked your claim before Sassy tried to get her painted paws into him. :)

And look who just posted. That girl can't keep her paws off the boys!

I claimed this one first, Sassy. You can put your fake eyelashes and lipstick away now.

Buffy

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a photo taken this past Sunday after we drove 3 hours with Mac in the car to pick up his sister Maddie. The first night was a little rough, but we're making definite progress. She's a very sweet little girl and craves your attention and is very eager to please.

She's on my left and the little prince is on my right :)post-5776-0-56860400-1384889075_thumb.jp

Edited by Macdaddy
  • Like 2

A-w-w love them both. Lucky you and lucky Maddie. It may take a little while for her to adjust to new home.

Angus says Malcolm will show her how to train the uprights!

Better not show her this Dad. She might get ideas!

You are going to have lots of fun with the both of them. Enjoy!

Edited by Hillscreek

Wow! What an adorable family! Let the true Cairn chaos begin!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

One week in and they're doing wonderfully ! A complete turnaround from the first night. They're amazing in their resiliency and in their tolerance of each other. They've begun to really bond :) it warms my heart !! Suzanne and I are thrilled !!

• Like 2

As mentioned before, your fun has just begun, watching two Cairns interact with those fine minds and rascally personalities is one of the real joys of dog ownership.

• Like 1

What fun to hear that they are settling in to life together. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

• 2 months later...

The latest picture of mommy and puppies :)post-5776-0-21358900-1391957321_thumb.jp

Suzanne, Maddie and Mac

They are hilarious...Mac has taken The subservient role to his sister who is the Alpha in most ways. He is still the most sweet and gentle while she is full tilt from the moment she comes out of her crate in the morning. She's sweet too but in a different way. They're so similar yet so different. She's long and sleek while he's short and stubby. It's been a great experience so far.

Hope everyone in "Cairn Talk Land" is well !!

Edited by Macdaddy
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hope everyone is well. Suzanne and I are enjoying our "puppies" so much and are so happy Maddie was available to join her brother for the rest of their lives. They are such special creatures and I'm just sorry I never had a cairn earlier in life.

I'll get some newer pictures soon. Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring that's taking so long to arrive!

• Like 3

Gorgeous pictures! Love the pups.  

I always seem to miss posts these days. I don't know why. I'm sorry. 

I'm glad your having fun with the pups and they are doing well.

What a lovely boy. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie