CairnTalk

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

What a sweet pup! He reminds me of my Holdsworth who was with me from October 1983 to December 2000.

Funny, he's not here but he's still my puppy.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

post-5776-0-63991100-1340208156_thumb.jp

This was at his puppy graduation class last week ! He was the only one that could wear the gown :)

Every other pup was too big ! :)

• Like 1

post-5776-0-08066000-1340209245_thumb.jppost-5776-0-10169800-1340209282_thumb.jp

The first picture is on my lap before bed last week and the second was at work :) My customers love him !!!

Not as much as we do though :):)

How'd Mac handle the heat this week? Finn don't do so great - every time I took him for a walk he'd want to lay in the shade rather than walk but then we'd get inside in the AC and he'd be a holy terror of energy. I finally took him to work for a couple of hours, all the attention wore him out great! Can't believe how much they look alike! BTW, Finn is also a crazy kisser. We're not big kiss fans, so trying to work on that with training but it is slow going!

What can I say. Angus kisses when asked and kisses when not asked. He's the kissingest (is that a word?) dog I've ever owned! When you get tired of kissing just move your head away. Other wise enjoy that's what I do.

I think several people posted somewhere else a lot of cairns don't like the heat. They come from the wettest part of Europe over there in the Highlands of Scotland. Temp there rarely if ever makes it up to 70.

I take Angus out early or late. Keep in the cool or shade during the middle of the day. If he can get his belly wet that helps to cool him. He is not a swimming cairn but he will lie in a puddle to cool off.

However there are are cairns who don't seem to mind the heat.

• Like 1

Hi Jodi,

Mac handled the heat relatively well. It was too hot to take him out during the day last Weds or Thurs except the morning or evening. Suzane did take him out, but they passed on their daily long walk. We're still seeing if he like to be sprayed with the mist from the hose :) He seems to so far but we're not 100% sure. He loves being outside though, more than inside for sure.

The picture is from last night watching the Mets and Yankees...........he visited the groomer last Thursday

post-5776-0-05133700-1340628640_thumb.jp

The picture is from last night watching the Mets and Yankees...........he visited the groomer last Thursday

So which team does he favor?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

post-5776-0-13042800-1341496599_thumb.jp

The first picture is of Mini, my brothers 150lb female American Mastiff and Mac getting ready for treats :)

post-5776-0-72748300-1341496685_thumb.jp

The second picture is of my daughter and Mini so you can get the scale

I don't know how I missed this post. That is one huge dog. It ways 30 pounds more than me. Very cute though, and of course so is Mac.

Thanks Jodi and Lynn. They did play well together. Mac of course was trying to get her (mini) to play and nwhen she goes into the play bow, the house shakes. As it does when she barks. That scared Mac a little so he tried to boss her around from under the dining room table :)

He just had his neutering procedure done Thursday so he's not himself, but he's close. Of course they didn't want to give him back.........he's such a mush :) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...