CairnTalk

My Cairn is so spoiled that .....

Dempsy's Mom

Demps is so very spoiled. I was admiring him tonight while we were checking cows and I thought all of us have to be able to complete the "My Cairn is so spoiled that ..." sentence. So just for starters:

My Cairn is so spoiled that he no longer asks for gator rides, he demands them. When he sees it sitting outside the house he just assumes it's for him and runs out the door with such a gleeful face that I cannot bring myself to dash his anticipation of a ride in the gator. Even though there are times when he is a real inconvenience and really not in the plan. So spoiled.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My Cairn, Nena is so spoiled that my husband carrys her up the stairs to bed (our bed) every night. She can walk up the step (does it all day long) but at night she won't come up. Stubborn but something my hubby started and she expects it now.

So I guess that is spoiled, but smart of her.

• Like 1
cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

My cairn,Ivy, is so spoiled that she has beds on all of our couches. It is rare for her to sleep on the floor. She considers the furniture as much hers as everyone else does.

• Like 2

My Cairn Gus is so spoiled that I just bought him a rolled leather collar with engraved brass buckle for his 4th birthday. I must be nuts (found the website here on the forum of course!) but I am hoping it will last forever.

Plus he has beds on all the furniture.

• Like 1

Oh where to begin with this one. Kelly is so spoiled that every week when I bring home groceries While we are caring them in she is checking the bags for her toy. She always knows what is hers and so far hasn't touched anything else. She gets it out of the bag and takes it to the door

and lays there blocking the door that we are bringing the rest of the groceries through.

Kelly is so spoiled that some weeks we don't go anywhere that she can go so we take a special drive (with her) around the block so she feels like she has got to go somewhere.

I could go on and on and on with this topic.

• Like 1

Our cairn is so spoiled that when we see him using our very expensive chair and ottoman to wipe his face on after eating and he rubs his butt on it when he get the urge, we only laugh and smile at each other.

• Like 1

Our cairn is so spoiled whenever he get's so excited he pisses himself on the floor and I enjoy cleaning it up.

• Like 1

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Holly is so spoiled that I come down the stairs on my bottom so that I can carry her down each morning!

[safe that carrying her stood up and she won't walk down she just wants to jump!]

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Little Miss Sassy is so spoiled that what little Miss Sassy wants little Miss Sassy gets. I am such a wuss. :blush:

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Zekey is so spoiled that I put a cushion on top of the patio table where he likes to lie, just so he doesn't have to rest on the hard surface. Same thing for the table in the den, and the front windowsill.

Gavin is so spoiled that he has not one, but two dog beds, each on top of foam cushions, because a dog bed on the floor would just be too hard for his old bones!

I am sure that we all realize that people who aren't dog lovers think we are all nuts, but to us dog lover's we are perfectly sane and do these things for our dogs with no strings attached. Just the joy of making them happy. It is amazing to me that I can take a little piece from all of your comments and I can thread all of your doings to some degree into my caring for Demps.

• carrying to avoid stairs - check
  • beds - check
  • special collars/toys - check
  • letting him do things that I wouldn't let my grandchildren do to furniture - check
  • dribble cleanups - check
  • wants/gets - check
  • arranging the decor so that they can be positioned where they want - check
  • living my life around a dog - oh yeah! ... double check that :)

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My cairn is so spoiled that he has a toy box of his own overflowing with toys, a "Kirby box" in the storage closet for his brushes, combs, ect, several beds and when we bought our new property to build new house the deal clencher is "Kirby loves the farm!"

(Not been on the site much lately, missed everyone!)

My cairn, Tanner, is so spoiled that he gets to go to Doggie Daycare every Monday-Friday. He loves it & I can clearly see how happy it makes him, so it's worth it to us. He also has his own toy box, overflowing with toys. And he gets carried to bed each night. He doesn't have a bed...he just sleeps on the couch. :) He is rotten and I love him that way!!

Because...I am so spoiled that I'm welcomed home with an entire body that wiggles with excitement, as well as slobbery kisses. And I'm so spoiled that he cuddles with me just when I need it. And anytime I sit down, I get a sweet puppy that curls up right next to me.

So it's a two way street...and worth every minute!

Becky & Tanner

My Cairns are so spoiled, we bought a new dock ladder so they could get out of the lake onto the dock on their own, instead of us helping them up the ladder or having to swim to shore to get out.

• Like 1
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Oh, I bet they love that ladder - anything that brings them more independence. "Thanks mom & dad!" :)

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Adding to Dempsy's Mom's list:

• Arranging family functions around the dog's schedule - check
  • Serving as a 24/7 doorman for the dog - check
  • Allowing the dog to sleep in the middle of the garden, despite any damage to plants - check
  • Asking guests to please not sit on a certain chair because it's "Buffy's chair" - check

Are we suckers or what? ;)

• Like 3

Laughing so hard at this topic. I find myself doing everything everyone else is doing. I love being a sucker for my Cairn!

It is so funny Kelly jumps on the furniture all day long but if she is wanting to join whoever is sitting or laying then she scratches at my leather furniture until we pick her up and put her up there with us. My sweet Husband started this ritual, and now we all do it. Talk about a princess. Kelly no longer has to jump or walk if she doesn't want to.

• Like 1

You name it - mine can do it. I recently bought new living room furniture and said that that furniture will be off limits to Bailey and Radar. My thinking was they can have the family room and every other room. Hah!! That did not last too long now the living room is for the boys. We also went as far as ordering the stuffed squeaker toys by the case knowing they (should say Radar) were going to destroy them in a day or so.

• Like 1

My cairn's not so spoiled...yet! I know he will be soon, but we've kept up a pretty good NILIF approach to the first two months he's been home with us! I'll surely be able to add to this thread in a short time, I know it won't last!

• Like 1

Great topic. :)

Tessa has yet to be spoiled, I think there is some sort of time frame related to that...

But Attila, he's so spoiled I let him bring his slimey, stinky, (ie gross), bullystick up on my lap for chew sessions. He climbs up and plops himself down in my lap and chews away happily... :innocent:

• Like 1

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Ewwww. If you can do that with a chewed slimy bully, you sound like farm material. Hired.

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Love to see that I'm not alone...boh my dogs are so spoiled but Napoleon manages to be always on top...and he knows he can get away, I love when we have company and he starts his grunting when someone is sitting on "his" chair and they keep asking why is he making those sounds.. LOL

• Like 1

Angus is just starting to be spoiled.

No other dog I've ever had had a grooming table. Big dogs stood on the floor, little dogs on a towel on a table somewhere.

Angus has recently received an adjustable heavy duty table that folds up so we can roll it onto the deck outside or have it a room inside depending on how he feels about the temperature on any given day. He has a special ribbon noose (oh no, not a noose :shock: I mean a helping support) that won't be too hard on his neck and occasionally his belly. Though if he'd rather lie down that's OK.

Also no other dog has had an specially purchased eco-friendly dog mat for his crate made from recycled plastic bottles in Montana and shipped to Pennsylvania.

All other dogs have had any old mat and some even no mats.

Of course Angus is only 9 months old so there's plenty of time for more spoiling in the months and years ahead.

His signature has angel wings on it because he is an angel.

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 2

Where do I start?

Murphy is so spoiled (and dearly loved) that when he came home after surgery, my dear husband put his old sleeping bag on the floor and slept next to Murphy. Still brings a tear to my eye when I think of that.

Murphy is so spoiled that when I stop singing and rubbing his belly at bedtime, he lifts his head up and looks directly in my eyes as if to say, "Did I give you permission to stop?" My DH is very amused by this, but also maybe a bit jealous. He says, "Why do you only sing to him?" :)

Murphy is so spoiled that when we go to the annual "Bark for Life" he walks through the gate with his chest puffed out, head held high as if he thinks it is a party thrown in HIS honor.

Murphy is so spoiled that when I am typing on the computer and he starts to huff, puff, and whine for for attention, I stop what I am doing and get up and play fetch with him in the house.

The list goes on and on. But, oh how we love to spoil him! He brings such joy to our hearts and is such a sweet boy. :wub:

Edited by BetsyNoodle