CairnTalk

Two questions...

Pingber

1) I dont get email notifications when someone replies to my posts ... is there a setting I missed?

2) How do I delete a post once its posted?

Thanks

Phil

1. My Settings -> Notification options has a number of options you can set, including a checkbox to receive notification of any follow-ups to topics your reply in. You can also "follow" topics to receive notifications of activity.

post-3-0-54970400-1322451836_thumb.png

When you create a post, you can set it to automatically be followed by you:

post-3-0-02589200-1322452512_thumb.png

2. You can't. You can edit a post for up to two hours to fix any typos or whatever - after that, it's history. If for some reason a post really needs to be deleted, you can edit it down to nothing and leave a request for it to be deleted and I'll almost certainly oblige when I come across it. If you miss your edit window you can also click the 'report' button to report a post. Normally used to report spam, it can also be used to flag a malformed or broken post.

p.s. Side Note: I will only really delete posts on request that are accidents or caused by software glitches. I won't go back and 'erase' anyone's history or ill-considered posts based on later regret. That's not relevant to your current request (I presume) but I'm just mentioning it to forestall future "erase my history" requests. It's a public forum. We reserve the right to preserve order and apply guidelines, but people are responsible for what they say.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived