CairnTalk

Forum Upgraded

bradl

Fingers crossed that most things will work more or less as expected. Please use this topic to report errors and things that appear to broken and related to the upgrade.

If you have questions about how to do something, or how the forum works etc., please continue to use the Forum Support area ... that way anyone can chime in with help. Since this release is new to me as well, we'll all be learning it together :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Note: during the next couple of weeks I am likely to turning features on and off - both old and new features. And I'm likely to be tweaking some of the "look and feel" a little bit. I apologize for the inevitable moments of "What the HECK?" you may experience if I temporarily break something.

Bonus tip: any time a significant change is made to the look and feel of any site you may want to clear your browser cache and force-reload any pages that seem to display funny. You may have noticed this when changing avatars in the past ... the new avatar often didn't appear right away, and was often very distorted when it did appear... only to suddenly "snap" to being correct on some subsequent reload or visit. That sort of thing is almost always due to our browsers (or even our ISPs) caching bits of pages to save time.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

Oh, yeah, it's a little weird--wish my browser had cached a "before" page--but I have it set not to do that :). The print size is all over the place, mostly a bit oversized, lots of blank real estate on pages--am betting this isn't the way it will be. Curiosity will compel me to recheck this in a few hrs.

Browser & platform (pc/ Mac/ *nix)?

Tested so far from home:

Mac (Snow Leopard)

Firefox 6

Safari 5

Camino 1 & 2 (1 looks funky; 2 looks fine)

Chrome (latest)

Windows 7

Firefox 6

Chrome (latest)

Internet Explorer 8, 9

Portable

iPad (some popups appear in awkward locations)

iPhone Safari, Atomic (OK so far)

So far, so good, Bradl. I'm on the Mac/Safari. My new avatar looked much too condensed, (narrow), so I re-cropped it and reloaded it. Thanks for your efforts!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

What is your screen resolution? The board software is built for a display of 1024 x 768 or larger.

You could conceivably collapse the sidebar (if you hover your mouse in the upper right corner, a dark blue box with white 'x' will appear ... that will collapse the sidebar). You could then check statuses by using the "quick nav" link -- the upside-down teardrop looking thing next to "new content". This lets you jump to Community, Member Status Updates, which brings up all recent statuses.

I'll post a screenshot from home if anyone is having trouble visualizing that.

iPad Notes

If you use and iPad, you may notice two display anomalies:

1. When you change tabs the display zooms in on the logo area and then snaps back to normal.
  2. When you click the Quick Nav "teardrop"

post-3-0-54905800-1317253400_thumb.png

the resulting pop-up is offset to the far to the left, instead of centered as it is normally.

I've confirmed these on multiple other forums at this release level - same as on CairnTalk. The Invision site is running a test version of the next release and the behavior seems to be fixed. So if you use an iPad, hang on. These two display glitches will be fixed.

Archived