CairnTalk

_whits_

_whits_

• 1 month later...

A few updated pictures. 

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Addie's best apartment friend Rutledge. He is a rescue, approximately 3 years old, massive amounts of energy, and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. Best part: he lives in the apartment across the hall! 

His owners say he has a hard time making friends because he is picky about who he is willing to play with and can intimidate dogs he does like with his never-ending energy, and Addie has the same issue for the same reasons.

But my goodness, he and Addie have met their match in each other. Addie growled quietly at him in warning the first time they met, he flopped on his back, and then they began their friendship of wrestling matches and races. They run and run and run and run and when they wear out they lay on the ground chewing on each other's legs.

Addie accidentally broke into his apartment (well for me it was an accident, for her it was a long-sought goal) a few weeks ago when I was taking her for a walk and Rutledge's family was coming home. After massive apologies I was assured it was okay, and sweet Rutledge trotted Addie into every one of his apartment's rooms until he disappeared into a corner. Then he trotted back into the living room with a peanut butter filled Kong and actually placed it in Addie's mouth. And then they wrestled on the couch. 

Last week Rutledge was chasing his beloved ball (he appreciates that Addie will chase him but has no interest in stealing his ball) in the valley behind our building. He looked up, saw Addie, raced to the top of the hill, nuzzled her nose and then raced back down to chase his ball. He is such a total sweetheart. 

He also lets Addie be in charge, which she loves. He lets her win their play fights and actually seems to enjoy it when she barrels into him like a little battering ram. 

IMG_3938.JPG

• Like 5

I was looking through old photos and decided to put this together. I thought it was an interesting look at Addie's color change over the past almost 6 years. It's most apparent in her face, where the black went from the tip of her nose and tips of her ears to most of her face. The rest of her is changing as well but in much more subtle ways.

7F1B816D-AC38-4067-9B98-E79505C6D440.jpg

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2017 at 4:16 AM, _whits_ said:

He also lets Addie be in charge, which she loves. He lets her win their play fights and actually seems to enjoy it when she barrels into him like a little battering ram. 

Aha!  So this is a common Cairn tactic? Now I know it's not just Buffy!

• 4 years later...