CairnTalk

_whits_

_whits_

Here's a link to my pictures of Addie (which I update at an alarming rate): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.548350525198.2046099.120700277&l=bc8f20d468&type=1

Addie came into my life when she was 11 weeks old. She was a rescue from CRUSA. Her mom and dad along with 10 other Cairns (including 6 puppies) and 3 unborn puppies (Addie and her brothers) - a total of 15 Cairns - were rescued from a breeding facility in Missouri. Addie's mom was so tiny they didn't even know she was pregnant until a couple weeks after the rescue. She was born on 29 April 2011.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Here are a couple of videos of Addie attacking a reusable shopping bag. My mom brought it with her one day to see if I wanted it, and Addie decided it was hers! She always enjoys the non-toys better than anything I buy at pet stores.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I don't thing the bag will be reusable anymore. :P Addie is adorable. What a great life you have given her. I like the pic of her talking to her friends on Cairn Talk - is that her own laptop?

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• 3 weeks later...

Addie just graduated from puppy school. Here is a ridiculous photo to prove it.

She starts intermediate training next week. She's growing up so fast!

post-5434-0-79865300-1317014528_thumb.jp

Cute!... cuter!... and cutest! Addie is a barrel full, (or in this case, a shopping bagful) of laughs!

P.S. The little picket fences that you use to block off the rest of the room look really nice. Did you come up with that idea and put them together yourself or are they sold that way?

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Addie has officially made the bag unusable, but has weaseled her way into my mom's heart so my mom's going to the store to pick up another bag for her.

And Addie LOVES watching other Cairns on YouTube. Especially when she can hear them bark.

P.S. The little picket fences that you use to block off the rest of the room look really nice. Did you come up with that idea and put them together yourself or are they sold that way?

Thanks Sanford. My dad's friend is a retired carpenter and he actually created them for my previous dog. My mom thought of it because of the awkward design of my hallway. They've come in really handy in areas (like where our hallway opens to our formal living room) where gates won't work but I need to keep Addie out. They're made out of a heavier 2x4 for the base (so the dog can't move them around easily), and then the pickets are nailed to the base. For support the pickets are staple-gunned to two long thin pieces of wood. I think he bought the pickets from a lumber company.

• 4 weeks later...

White fluffy wet stuff! Mom! There's white fluffy wet stuff!

We had our first snow a couple of weeks ago but it was less than an inch and melted by the end of the day, so Addie really didn't get to experience it. Today, however, a foot of it fell in our front yard. And Addie went NUTS. She thought it was the Best. Day. Ever. Hopping, skipping, jumping, tunneling, making Snow Addies, sticking her nose in it, eating it . . . I've never seen her having more fun. Here is a video I took of Addie enjoying her first real snow.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the photos and videos--your Addie is a DANDY! Like most Cairns she does love that snow--just laughed and laughed at her in the bag as well--now that is something my two avoid--plastic bags! Not Addie.

Addie graduated from intermediate dog training on the 6th of November. Here's another ridiculous graduation photo.

post-5434-0-81395100-1321252223_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken a couple of recent short videos. The first is Addie with one of her favourite toys ever, an empty plastic salsa container.

The next is Addie and her cousin Toby (my sisters's dog) this past weekend. The two of them have been best friends since the moment they met and play for hours and hours and hours on end. I always finally have to separate them in order to get home, because otherwise they'd never stop.

• 2 months later...

It's been snowy here in Colorado now for months, but I learned very early on that if I put a coat on Addie, it just means she refuses to do her business with any sort of swiftness. However, tonight the temperature dropped quite a bit and so I bundled Addie up in her Christmas present for the first time.

post-5434-0-39977100-1328600645_thumb.jp

• 4 years later...

Oh wow. Has it really been nearly 4 years since I posted here?

IMG_3583.JPG

• Like 2

I see royal purple is the colour of choice ....fit for a true princess. :wub:

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

She wears her UltraPaws boots whenever it drops below freezing or else the little hairs between her toes start sticking to the ground. They're felt with rubber bottoms and secured with Velcro. She actually likes the boots ... or at least doesn't act like they bother her, and you know Cairns, they aren't shy about their opinions!

She only wears the coat when it drops down to the teens or below. Despite how cute she looks in it, she hates clothes. But she's needed the protection a few times this winter. It's a RuffWear coat and is really easy to zip on and off, and even covers her belly. It was her Christmas present from her grandparents. 

• Like 1

Buffy: I found out if you wear boots in public people swoon over you and give you extra treats! -Addie

• Like 1

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Addie over the years. 

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

• Like 1