CairnTalk

Sassy slays bear three times her size

remltr

She's still working on the "year of the rabbit" thing, but she has the bear thing down.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Thanks everyone for the responses. She is a sweetie except when it comes to stuffed (or soon to be unstuffed) bears.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

That is a very cute picture! Very triumphant expression!

Holly has a large bear that she kills regularly and has had it for nearly 2 years!

She particularly likes to kill it when I am watching something interesting on TV and she throws it around and then pushes it against the sattelite box and knocks the switch off!! It has various holes in it but it is still stuffed! It is her favourite toy - she will lie on floor and sleep next to it once she has killed it!

post-3604-0-82598100-1300955669_thumb.jp

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Holly has a large bear that she kills regularly and has had it for nearly 2 years!

2 years!! I would like to keep a stuffed toy in the house for 2 days :crybaby:

2 years!! I would like to keep a stuffed toy in the house for 2 days :crybaby:

Ditto! laugh.gif

2 years? Like others have said, 2 days would be fantastic! Those unstuffed toys that are out right now do pretty well though. There's no stuffing to drag around the house and they have to work to get the squeakers out from each end. And they're really good for playing tug!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Have to admit that I am amazed she has not destuffed the bear!

When my friend bought it her she said this was very cheap and she also got a stuffed horse [same size as bear] for her Irish terrier. It cost £5 for two and they were labelled "Dog Toys" but she thought that the bear might be too big for Holly so was unsure about giving it her - but am really glad she did as it is her favourite toy. Paddy the irish Terrier will play with the Horse but is not as keen - and she has partly destuffed a leg! Ann is also amazed that the toys have lasted so well and keeps looking in same shop but has never seen them available again!

Holly does not tend to destuff the toys but what she normally does is "strip" them - and usually I have piles of fluffy stuff and a bald looking lizard/duck etc! The lizard actually is the only toy she has fully taken to pieces - it was bright green and orange so perhaps she did not like the colour......... I also got her a Kong braided body monkey and she has got rid of the tail and one leg and another is nearly off [and that was an expensive one]

Holly loves squeaky toys though and will play for ages with a them.

When I got her her she had lived for over 4 yrs in kennels/concrete run along with 10 other Cairns and they did not have toys as the breeder said they would have fought over them - not a good idea when you want to take one to be shown! So it took her a while to work out what you did with toys and balls etc so I have bought her quite a few to make up for this!

Sassy is cute, cute, cute. Holly likes to savor her kill - but two years?! - I wonder when she will finally have the final kill. :D

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Miley has a stuffed pig from my childhood, she kills and humps on a daily basis. Looks like yours is having a blast

Archived