CairnTalk

Yes, I want to go to the beach BUT...

Lorie & Ellie : )

I am sure you will all appreciate the stubborn cairn in this video:

We were getting ready to go to the beach. Because it was 14 degrees today, I was insistent that Ellie wear her coat. She HATES wearing her coat. This was her debating wearing the coat and going v. not going. As always, the desire to go to the beach won.

p.s. I love how she is in her room barking at anyone who listen to her protests..

Enjoy!

~Lorie & Ellie

Chicago

I love the "look" you are getting from the doorway... we get the same when it is time to put on the snow boots <_<

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I wish I could see the videos people post. My pc is too old.

You are going to the lake on a frigid day like today???? If I were Ellie I'd close the door and hide under the bed. BRRRRRR!!!

Enjoyed the video very much. Absolutely precious dog - loved her peeking out the room around the crate. Hoped she enjoyed her romp on the beach (you are much more brave than I would be - a tad too cold for moi!).

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I recognize the behavior but ours act like Ellie when we say "come" instead "go". "Go" always gets an immediate positive response. Love the video--what's with the "hair shake" these Cairns always have to do before they present themselves? Sammi and Bonnie go thru this ceremony/ritual all the time when excited!

Pegi feels for Ellie! She also HATES her coat; had it on her yesterday for a walk and she stopped to play w/another dog. They worked together to get it off, then the larger dog took it and ran around their yard....suppose to be 8 here tomorrow though so she may have to suck it up and wear it.

Linda & Pegi

If I were Ellie I'd close the door and hide under the bed. BRRRRRR!!!

:P I agree IGOTAHOME. To cold out to have much fun doing anything. Ellie must have a thick hide - I would say, "Have fun Lor! See ya!" It is so very cold here in SD that it chills me to think of a beach.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Dempsy's Mom I don't know how you survive. I saw on the news it was -25 actual air temperature in northern Minnesota over the weekend. A friend in North Dakota had a miniature Dachshund. Poor thing got stuck to the ground one night while he was having a pee. She had to pour warm water on the ground to unfreeze him.

Dempsy's Mom I don't know how you survive. I saw on the news it was -25 actual air temperature in northern Minnesota over the weekend. A friend in North Dakota had a miniature Dachshund. Poor thing got stuck to the ground one night while he was having a pee. She had to pour warm water on the ground to unfreeze him.

:oops: :oops:

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Archived